by maedhroswhy

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Cannot Assign Beds to Vampires

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a vampire, either on their own or in a household with another non-vampire sim
What happens when the bug occurs? If playing in a household with only a vampire/vampires, when clicking on a bed, the Assign Bed option never comes up. The Assign Left/Right Side of Bed option also does not come up when clicking on double beds. If playing in a household with a vampire and also at least one non-vampire sim, those options will come up, but the vampire sim will not show as an option in the menu that comes up. The only sim/sims that show up in the menu to assign a bed to are non-vampires in the household.
What do you expect to see? To be able to assign beds to vampires
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I thought I remembered being able to do this with a vampire household when it first became an option, but when I now go back to that very same household, the option no longer appears for them.

Message 1 of 19 (3,152 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Cannot Assign Beds to Vampires

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@maedhroswhy : Have you tried testing without mods? Move them to a safe place on your computer, delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 Folder in Documents, and Repair the game in Origin (don't save your game while testing, by the way!).

Message 2 of 19 (3,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am seeing this on PS4 to a point. I can assign male vampires to a bed but not the female ones. Then when the female goes to use the "sleep" interaction on the bed it says "This is Male Sim Name's Bed!" and doesn't assign them to the bed until they sleep in it but the message remains when selecting the sleep interaction. These screenshots are from subsequent loads to the household so the female appeared.

I also am not able to assign vampires to computers or doors. The whole household doesn't appear in the windows. Only 2 of the 5 showed up here on the door lock, computers and beds. 

The Sims™ 4_20200106152959.jpg

The next time I loaded their household, three of the sims appeared in the list. 

The Sims™ 4_20200106153041.jpg

Message 3 of 19 (3,044 Views)

One of my sims can't be locked in/out.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I started a new game today. The household consists of a husband(young adult, spellcaster, who is currently tense because he hates children) and a newly pregnant wife(young adult, vampire). They live in Del Sol Valley on the 64x64 lot. When I went to assign them a bedroom, the only picture that appeared, after clicking the assign bed option was the husband. This happens on all beds in the house, same for locking computer and door options.(they have a guest house with computer that I tried to lock her of because she has to go out into the sun to get there, which she of course tried.)Her picture is at the bottom of the screen next to his, but to double-check, I locked a door for household only and made her walk through to be sure the game counted her as part of the household, she did. Lot traits are quake zone, private dwelling, and celebrity home, if it makes a difference, only the husband is a celeb though 3 star b-lister(which I cheated after they moved in.) I am on Xbox one by the way.

Message 4 of 19 (2,972 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Turns out I may have had the same problem as PoptartJuniper in my mod test save last year, as the screenshot I attached shows (only Caleb showed up in that list...I think I was assigning his bed there, but when I tried to assign Lilith her bed in her room afterwards, she was absent from the picker window).

They don't have this problem in my main save so far, but that's apparently because I had them claim their respective beds long before the DU patch.

Message 5 of 19 (3,002 Views)

Re: One of my sims can't be locked in/out.

Hero (Retired)

@michelle_renee86  You are not alone! There have been others seeing this issue as well. There is a bug report but I am going to see if your post can just be merged if it's the same? Let me know!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Cannot-Assign-Beds-to-Vampires/m-p/8511401#M1142...

Message 6 of 19 (2,955 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. And I have never used Mods or Custom Content. I have all the packs.

Also the Kid's bed the Anti Gobling one, has a weird bug when assigned to a sim, it doesn't show the owners name.

01-06-20_9-33-05 PM.png

Message 7 of 19 (2,978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@AvePlumosa : Is that kid's bed issue with vampires or all kinds of Sims?

(I'd also like to add that doing some testing in my main save earlier today, I couldn't assign Lilith to any computers, doors, or new beds, either.)
Message 8 of 19 (2,960 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is exactly the same, thank you. I thought I had done something wrong. Please merge it.

Message 9 of 19 (2,924 Views)

Hero
@michelle_renee86 merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (2,902 Views)