Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Cannot Assign Beds to Vampires

by StarryMight

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight All sims have this ussue. Vampires have the same problem they have with the other beds.

But I mentioned this, because it was the same patch that caused the vampire issue, the one that caused this problem. The problem originated simultaneously and may be related.
Message 11 of 19 (963 Views)

Hero
@AvePlumosa Could you make a separate thread for that bed ? That doesn't have anything to do with the vampires.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (959 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 13 of 19 (953 Views)

Hero
@AvePlumosa It may also be related to this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/double-bed-side-assignment/td-p/8629075/jump-to/first-unread-m... also that is for double beds.

Could be more beds that have that issue that it doesnt' show the name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 19 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Maybe, I will test all the beds an all different types of sims (Ages, Ocult, etc) And make a list.
Message 15 of 19 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AvePlumosa I publique a reply to this, with my findings but it never got published Frown I don't know why
Message 16 of 19 (866 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@AvePlumosa : Oh? What do you mean? Screenshots?
Message 17 of 19 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue persists, but is more acute in Tiny Living. There is a work around, but it's a bit silly. If you cheat your way to Master Vampire, and give them level 3 "Perfect Sun Resistance" you can then assign them a bed. Don't ask me why it works, but it does. Just FYI.

Message 18 of 19 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MickCasanova : That's because, as it turns out, the time of day is a factor in bed assignment for vampires who don't have Perfect Sun Immunity!

I accidentally discovered recently while playing the Vatores in my latest test save, that, in the middle of the night, Lilith suddenly appeared in the bed assignment window where she never did before! @simvasion suggested it was like similar issues where vampires can only do certain things at night, so I did some testing.

In the Vatores' household, Caleb can always be assigned a bed, because he starts with Perfect Sun Immunity. Lilith can be assigned a bed in Forgotten Hollow between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM, and between 8:00 PM and 5:00-6:00 AM(?) in Newcrest.

Testing the official Virtuous Vampires household from the Gallery, Demitrius, Brandy, and Samantha didn't have the bed assignment option AT ALL until after 6:00 PM in Forgotten Hollow (I didn't test them in a different World, but I assume it's the same as Lilith above?). Interestingly, they passively claimed the sides of the beds I had them sleep in as part of the test...but that's something else entirely and probably By Design. Wink

Anyway, simvasion said that this could be officially fixed by switching filters (namely, to the "allowVampires" one). Hope this helps this issue get addressed! Standard smile

Message 19 of 19 (743 Views)