by LJoy8

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Use toilet interaction not completed in queue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have multiple actions queued before and after use toilet or watch TV (both interactions are not working properly).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims have use toilet in queue, don't complete the action (usually just automatically/autonomously deleting the action from their queue with no attempt made to complete the action) and move on to next action in queue. The same thing happens with the watch TV interaction. All other interactions are unaffected.
What do you expect to see? TOILET: I expect the Sims to use the toilet, fully filling the bladder bar back to green, and move on to the next queued activity. TELEVISION: I expect the Sims to watch TV and then move on to the next queued activity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I find this bug tends to happen more with toilets on the first level of the house, but it sometimes happens with bathrooms on upper levels as well.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,750 Views)

Re: Use toilet interaction not completed in queue

Hero
@LJoy8 I tested this on my save and have no issues with them using the toilet even if queued with multiple things.

Can you duplicate this in multiple houses/saves/families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,716 Views)

Hero
@LJoy8 Are you still having issues with this ? Have you tested another house/save/family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,676 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had this happen even without actions queued after it. The Sim goes to the toilet, sits/stands briefly, then stops. If I queue it again it works fine. It's an intermittent issue but it's happened to my sims in multiple houses and saves.

Message 4 of 9 (1,541 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Use toilet interaction not completed in queue

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've never noticed before today, so I don't know if it came with the new patch. My sims will always go to the toilet when instructed but they don't always wait until the bladder bar is full before they go to their next queued task. So far this has only happened with a couple of elders on vacation. I'll try to report back if it continues on their home lot or with my next household.

Message 5 of 9 (1,509 Views)

★★ Pro

Okay I think I'm seeing something like this but I feel like it might be a symptom of the simulation lag issue. I have noticed that after queueing several interactions in the bathroom (for example: clean toilet, wash hands, use toilet, brush teeth) and then checking up on them a bit later I see that the sim's bladder motive has gone up but not all the way. They also may or may not have the confident moodlet from brushing teeth. I usually play with more than one sim so it's sometimes hard to catch these but I've noticed a lot of stuff disappearing from action queues lately, as in it has started to happen more during this spring (2021). Sometimes you can clearly see stuff dropping from the queue, especially in conversations but some of the cases I've only seen indirectly, like this bathroom example where clearly the sim used the toilet but interrupted the action. It's not completely new but it has gotten Significantly Worse lately.

Message 6 of 9 (1,467 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me a link to your saves, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9 (1,374 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Use toilet interaction not completed in queue

★★★★ Novice

I keep getting this. I thought it was related to their Needs TLC Apartment triggering reactions to the problems and interrupting, but it's happened occasionally since they moved out.

Message 8 of 9 (1,294 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Use toilet interaction not completed in queue

★★ Novice

I've also noticed the toilet problem happening with me. It only affects my male sims (regardless of age) and if the toilet action is queued up. If they're currently doing nothing and I ask them to use the toilet, they do it no problem but if there are actions before it, they just walk into the bathroom, wave their hands in confusion with a question mark thought bubble appearing and continue with whatever I had queued up next. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,121 Views)