by dolldrms1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Use of Insta-Lean Potion Creates LE text file

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim drink Insta-Lean potion
What happens when the bug occurs? No game breaking sim behavior but LE is created.
What do you expect to see? No LE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

One sim I'm playing seemed to suddenly be experiencing weight gain every time I loaded the household.  I had her drink the Insta-Lean potion and noticed after ending the play session that the attached LE file was generated.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 6 (1,559 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Use of Insta-Lean Potion Creates LE text file

Hero
@dolldrms1 what aspiration does your Sim have ? Does the same happen if you try another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,526 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Use of Insta-Lean Potion Creates LE text file

★ Pro
@crinrict She is in the Style Influencer career, stylist branch.

I haven't tried the potion with another sim yet. So far in this save, she is the only sim who has been experiencing what I considered sudden, weird weight gain. Since using the potion seems to take a sim from one extreme, suddenly too heavy, to another extreme, way too thin, I'm a little hesitant to use it again, lol. Will do so, though, to see if LE generates again with different aspiration so I can answer your question.
Message 3 of 6 (1,514 Views)

Re: Use of Insta-Lean Potion Creates LE text file

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dolldrms1 Does she by chance have the fitness aspiration or what is her goal in live ? Has changing it helped any ?

I'm asking cause there seem a few LE's with aspirations around so that could be the issue and not the potion.

Also Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,481 Views)

★ Pro

My apologies for a delayed response @crinrict   The sim's aspiration is Friend of the Animals but you may be correct in that either the aspiration or career might play a part and it not be the potion itself.

I changed saves to where I knew I didn't mind adding another family to play.  I put a heavy Dustin Broke in an apartment so I could also check an apt. to apt. move for inventory transfer but will go post the result in that thread.  When I gave him the Insta-Lean potion no LE was generated.  The game had him in the business career with the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and I left those as they were.

I also realize now that perhaps I should have selected a female sim to retest, rather than a male, since the sim that originally generated the LE was a female.  Sigh, hindsight is always 20-20, lol.  I'll redo as the occasion arises but for now, all I can say for sure is that no LE generated giving that male sim the Insta-Lean potion.  Something caused the LE to generate but exactly what that something is remains a mystery to me at this time.  Guess I should edit the OP to indicate 50% of the time Standard smile  That percentage is hard to guesstimate on a first report unless replicated consistently.   

Message 5 of 6 (1,455 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 There's currently lots of aspirations LEs going round so try if you can trigger it if you give another sim the same aspiration.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,446 Views)