Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Upper left arm clipping into torso on all sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, kid's room stuff, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter cas, seems to appear on all sims
What happens when the bug occurs? The left (left for person looking at the computer) upper arm of all the sims in cas are clipping into the torso. Seems like left arm is closer into the torso than the right arm. all genders, weights, and muscle size seem to have it.
What do you expect to see? The arms not clipping with the torso.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot of sim with left upper arm clipping into torso, circled in red.

Message 1 of 17 (2,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: male sim torso crooked

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

Re: Upper left arm clipping into torso on all sims

Hero
@rickyadnap7317 Was this ever different for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,938 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I believe so, the sim is asymmetrical. The clipping is happening a lot more on the left side than the right, and it occurs on every sim I've made in cas.

Message 3 of 17 (2,930 Views)

Hero
@rickyadnap7317 And just in CAS or do you also see this in the game itself when they stand idle or something ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I can see it both in cas and in game in live mode.

Message 5 of 17 (2,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also realized I've been saying left when it is in fact the right side, sorry about that.

Message 6 of 17 (2,865 Views)

male sim torso crooked

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but strangerville and star wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? every time I'm in cas with a male sim it happens
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims torso is crooked and it makes the clothes look crooked. Its like their rib cage is sticking out more on the right side
What do you expect to see? Their torsos to be even
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It has been happening for a while now. Not sure how long exactly though

Message 7 of 17 (2,680 Views)

Hero

Hi @rain22553 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Could you high light on your picture what you mean exactly ?

Maybe post some other Sims with different body settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (2,662 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to highlight the problem area hopefully its more noticeable. I also did it with some other sims.

Message 9 of 17 (2,654 Views)

Hero
@rain22553 Looks a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Upper-left-arm-clipping-into-torso-on-all-sims/m-p... ?

Might depend on the body form how high up it shows.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,647 Views)