[ARCHIVED] Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

by BlondSage72

Original Post

Re: gallery issues, 15/09/18, SIMS 4

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict @BlondSage72 have you seen or thought of any more solutions?
Message 11 of 49 (1,009 Views)

Hero
Don't think there is. It's also not a new issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 49 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I haven't been able to solve the issue. I'm just hoping for a new maintenance update that'll resolve these problems. 

Message 13 of 49 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BlondSage72@kingpeterking
This may happen if you were in the Gallery when the crash occurred.
It happened to me and the connection between my profile in the Gallery and the User settings in my game folder has been partly damaged.
After the reset of the game folder, the problem disappeared.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/My-profile-in-the-gallery-suffers-from-partial-blindne...

Message 14 of 49 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thought your issue at the time was different ? Didn't you have stuff not showing up ?

This one is about stuff you have uploaded not showing as such in the library.

@kreatora

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 49 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict
This issue can only happen when the player is in the gallery during the gallery crash.
It does not matter if it was a year ago or a month ago. It happened to me just before the others.
Of course, my problem was that I did not see my uploaded works in my catalog. It have disappeared for me. In my library I have seen it.

But I think that these people above were thinking about the catalog rather than the library.Nothing disappears from the library

Message 16 of 49 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's not about whether they are in the gallery or not.

You know the share button in the library (the cloud sign) ? That shows that you haven't uploaded the lot and yet it's in the gallery as if you had.

This is how it shows (mine isn't really wrong cause I uploaded a different version that I currently have in the library but I've experienced this in the past. Even if you never delete your items in the library and they are still the same ones you uploaded, the status gets lost.

It is possible that this is different than the initial issue that I linked on the first post cause of the maintenance which is why I left it separate for now. 

WrongLib.jpg

This is how it should look

ShouldBe.jpg

If that was your issue, then I have completely misunderstood you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 49 (948 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Interesting, Same status has copies of my works if I download them from the Gallery. Sometimes I do it to see how it has been remade.
It looks like the Gallery gives the status of a copy of such work.
Message 18 of 49 (939 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

★ Novice

I am also having this issue. It says I have uploaded 46 items but can only see 2 and they were some of the very first things I ever shared from when sims 4 originally came out. It's super frustrating. I can only see the last few things I've uploaded on my profile page. This is on my Reilly182 account.

Message 19 of 49 (888 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@RiotReilly
And where exactly you don't see these works? They are not in your catalog? Gallery / Profile page / Catalog

If so, it can be easily repaired

Message 20 of 49 (872 Views)