Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

by MDianaSims

Original Post

Hero

@RiotReilly

your issue sounds different. What filters have you set ? It's probably on popular now which only shows the newest items. Try sorting by newest instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 49 (1,065 Views)

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:  Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It seems to be from around Dec 2 or 3 to now
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, get famous. Game packs: parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Stuff packs: laundry day stuff, vintage glamour stuff, perfect patio stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, luxury party stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? 

Dec. 27 - just found that the lots and rooms that I had shared in the gallery over the last month (since the beginning of December with the first noticeable date being an upload on Dec. 3, but a Dec. 1 upload was still synced) became disconnected (unsynced - showing as not shared) from my library very recently (probably the last 5 days or so since I have not been monitoring/playing them). I did download several packs that were on sale. Could that have effected them? I just want to figure out is I did something wrong that caused it. 

Dec. 28 - Still happening today... and it seems worse as the newly (random) unsynced lots/rooms are not showing as not-downloaded this morning in the gallery, so I have no way to sync them and it's hard to ID how many there are... so I have no way to tell if anything is missing in one area (my library) or the other (community/shared gallery).
Thread about ( there is a bit of info shared by others there also: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953408/uploads-shared-to-gallery-this-month-became-non-s...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Began after Dec 1. I play pretty much daily so updates are constant. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 49 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've had this issue basically as long as I've used the gallery, which is since the start of TS4. So, this issue is most certainly not new, it's existed for over 4 years. If I remember correctly, the gallery/library desyncs with almost every patch. But it could also be related to something the player does or changes. To be honest, I stopped trying to figure out what causes it.

While I understand that some people may be bothered by it, I've long since accepted it.

The best way to keep track of downloads, is to simply get that info from your gallery profile, rather than your library (which is your local storage, rather than the gallery's cloud storage - they don't necessarily need to be synced if you ask me).

ETA: Found a thread from early 2015 that I commented on back then. It's about the exact same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Library-Gallery-Interface/m-p/4524632#M12633

Message 23 of 49 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MDianaSims Thank you for the info and input. Hopefully this will be addressed, if not in a way that encompasses every issue, at least in moving toward improvement...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 24 of 49 (964 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for the serious delay in response! This went to an old email I don't check anymore. What's the fix? The works are no where to be found. The only way I can see them is when a few roll through the showcase screen on my profile.

Message 25 of 49 (927 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Library/Gallery Interface

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i have been having this issue since a view days, all my creations are slowly losing the link to my gallery  Frown

I don't have any mods or CC and never had them in my game. I play on PC with all packs.

Message 26 of 49 (793 Views)

Hero
@OopsStarratsOo Moved your post over the to current thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 49 (755 Views)

★ Apprentice

All my creations in my library have now lost their link to the gallery and I'm getting 0 notifications Frown

Message 28 of 49 (733 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also not getting any notifications from maxis

Message 29 of 49 (717 Views)

Hero
@OopsStarratsOo try deleting the notify.glob file or delete all ingame messages

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 49 (705 Views)