Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work. Game packs: jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Stuff packs: my first pet stuff, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. This all started yesterday (july 26 2018) after the gallery was down for maintenance. Or at least that's what my game displayed if I tried to connect to the internet.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to my library in the gallery, everything I've "shared to the gallery" in the past is suddenly not displayed as shared content, with no downloads, or favorites. It's as if the game resaved my library content all at once and removed it from the community. However I still receive notifications in game and in the home tab of the gallery if someone downloads or favorites my content, and if I search for my shared content in the community tab it comes up as shared with the correct number of downloads, favorites, etc.
What do you expect to see? I expect that if I uploaded anything to the gallery in the past it should say so in my library, and display the correct amount of downloads, favorites, comments, etc. I'm not sure if those things can be recovered, from the looks of it all my content has to be reuploaded even though it technically already exists in the community.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First screen shot: you see a build in my library, and it says it's not uploaded to the gallery.

Second screenshot: I searched for the build in the community tab and it comes up as shared with the proper amount of downloads, favorites, etc. 

Third screenshot: a picture of my home tab showing the notifications I get for downloads. Proving its technically shared and available. 

This isn't the only affected thing. This is the case for everything I've shared to the gallery in the past. Please help me fix this issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 49 (5,835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having to constantly reshare to Gallery

Hero

Archiving this thread because of the big gallery maintenance of Mai 2023. Please create a new thread if this is still an issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 49 (1,389 Views)

All Replies

Re: Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

Hero

The gallery has currently all kinds of issues and some are intermediate, some seem to be more permanent. I'm currently not adding any bugs for the gallery and won't really be able to help until those are solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (5,771 Views)

Hero

Hi @BlondSage72

are you still having issues with this after all the maintenance ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 49 (5,674 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, this is still an issue for me.
Message 4 of 49 (5,629 Views)

Hero
It's probably similar to this older thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Library-Gallery-Interface/td-p/4524632 which is still open.

I'm going to leave both separate for the moment and add this as Needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 49 (5,554 Views)

gallery issues, 15/09/18, SIMS 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

SIMS 4

in the past i have shared various things of mine onto the gallery, however since the gallery maintenance, it has forgotten what I have shared and it says i have never shared anything in the past. 

i was wondering if there was any way i could get it to "remember" what i have shared.

also has anyone else had this problem since the maintenance?

thanks

Message 6 of 49 (5,587 Views)

Re: gallery issues, 15/09/18, SIMS 4

Hero

Hi @kingpeterking

do you mean your gallery is empty when you search for your things or do you mean the share button in your library doesn't reflect what you've uploaded ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 49 (5,550 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The share button doesn’t reflect what I have uploaded
Message 8 of 49 (5,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict the share button does not reflect what I have uploaded in the past
Message 9 of 49 (5,512 Views)

Hero

Hi  @kingpeterking

I merged your post with the current bug report on this. 

Feel free to press me to on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 49 (5,507 Views)