by dragancaor

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Unplayable Ghosts being taken by Child Services

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child ghost haunting your lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The ghost-child gets green lights surrounding it & vanishes
What do you expect to see? Ghost children who are haunting, not playable, should be exempt from child services.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First happened 27th May. Happened again today.

Never seen it before, despite always keeping spirits "connected" to their graves & running multiple generations (I've had child ghosts before, remaining haunting for at least 7 generations, & they've never been taken by child services).

If the ghost was a household member i'd understand it, however it's happening to ghosts who are haunting.

They have access to a fridge full of excellent/impeccable leftovers (& cake), there's almost always a platter of fresh food left on the table overnight (because it's the nice thing to do), they are normally interacted with if a family member is awake, & often show as being in happy emotion (they're normally green or pink) & make good use of the toys etc on the lot. The only thing they have no access to is school, but they shouldn't still be required to attend that considering they're dead.

This time his mood was either Fine or he didn't have a moodlet. The first time it happened the ghost was playful.

Once he vanished, his grave marker no longer had the spiritual world connection options, nor mourn, nor leave sugar skull. That implies he's gone for good.

Prior to him disappearing in a flash of green, he had a strong connection.

After he vanished, his three still-living siblings got the "child whisked away" sad moodlet.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (543 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Unplayable Ghosts being taken by Child Services

★ Guide

Okay.  Updating to add the testing I've done.

Every child ghost who haunts is getting shift-clicked & their needs maxed. Then I've shift clicked again & set their needs to not decay.

Brendan had that treatment tonight when he haunted, was cheered up (got the call that a family friend died, so all my haunts spawned sad) & his still-living sister with parenting 10 & all 5 positive upbringing traits made short work of his sadness. They chatted for a while, telling jokes & stories.

Green sparkles. Vanished.

The only thing that I couldn't affect was his school attendance. 

But he's not a playable ghost, he's only around while he's haunting. At night. When there's no school.

There are two ghosts with this issue - they've been dead longer than the others (died on the same day from overheating) & they last a couple of hours max when they haunt. I've been quitting without saving, & the next ghost to haunt is random, but if either Brendan or Brian haunt they're taken & their connection to the physical world is severed at their gravestone.

Message 2 of 2 (483 Views)