Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unbreakable toilet broken by pranking and cannot be repaired

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs, all free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Ensure you have the unbreakable Sweet Escapes Country Toilet placed in your house. 2) Break the toilet (despite its unbreakable nature) by pranking it, and then using it (or simply using the debug menu) 3) Once the toilet is broken, try to repair it using either the repair option or the instant repair option if you have that ability. 4) Watch as it fails to repair.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are two parts of the problem - firstly, the toilet is unbreakable, so it shouldn't break when pranked. Perhaps the better option would be to create a mess/puddle but for otherwise unbreakable toilets, don't break them. Secondly, once it IS broken, the repair options don't work - presumably because it's unbreakable and should never get broken to start with.
What do you expect to see? Either the toilet shouldn't break (probably the most likely option) and it should only create a puddle when pranked, or if it IS meant to be broken in this way, despite the unbreakable tag, it should be fixable as any other toilet would be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I assumed that this was a mod based bug but having removed all of my CC, mods, scripts etc from my mod folder, the problem still persists. I have checked the suggested threads (all of which seem to be related to other unbreakable objects or an earlier bug with repeated pranked toilets related to other issues) but this is not related to any mods.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (4,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable toilet broken by pranking and cannot be repaired

Hero

Pulling a prank and breaking the toilet is all fun and games, until you can’t repair it which is exactly what happened to the Sweet Escapes Country Toilet. The toilet is now repairable by your skilled Sims or by calling in a repair service.

Fixed in Patch 1.87.40/1.58

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please specify the toilet you have issues with

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,670 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Unbreakable toilet broken by pranking and cannot be repaired

★ Guide

I can repeat it. It breaks when pranked, and trying to repair it leads to the animation repeating until you or the sim gives up to do something else. Hiring repair services has the service person give it a go before giving up and standing around, unwilling to leave because something is broken, unwilling to try again because he knows it's a lost cause. You can use the replace option as normal.

Message 2 of 16 (4,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

YES! This just happened to me today too, same toilet. Pranking the toilet led to it breaking and being unfixable as described. 

I have never used any mods or CC.

Message 3 of 16 (4,695 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is still happening,

Message 4 of 16 (4,635 Views)

★ Guide

I can confirm, this issue is still present. Using these toilets on business lots (retail/vet) especially becomes impossible to manage as once pranked by someone, it becomes unfixable.

Message 5 of 16 (4,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to add that the country toilet can only be replaced or repaired via the repairio spell.  I don't know if having the descriptor being changed to reliability 3 instead of unbreakable has anything to do with it.

Message 6 of 16 (3,880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was having this exact same issue caused by a pranked "unbreakable" toilet. I figured out a fix though! Put it in household inventory and take it out again. It worked for me. I did start time again briefly in live mode in between, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. I know this is kind of an old thread, but if you're reading this and having this issue, give it a try.

Message 7 of 16 (3,354 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to me as well. Have goofball sims who are pranking toilets, these cannot be repaired by my sims or the repairman. Just need to replace them.

Message 8 of 16 (3,263 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Had this happen to me tonight. Had to replace it. One positive thing out of it though is you can use it to improve your sim's handiness skill kinda like in Sims 3 with Tinker that let sims improve their skill indefinitely

Message 9 of 16 (3,236 Views)

★ Novice
@Girlinatree I just tried this and had no luck. Both with and without starting the time again in live mode. :/ Every time I turn around, the toilet has been pranked again. ugh!
Message 10 of 16 (3,231 Views)