Rock of Ages stereo broken with Firaxium wiring, unable to repair

by Lulzes

Original Post

Re: Sim works forever and doesn't fix radio equipment (Encantador de Síndicos pt

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I think I understand; the real bug, in my case, it's the fact of the radio broke without any cause, and it can't be fixed because upgrade "unbreakable" was done - it make the infinite fix action, right?

But, I have two opposite points:

1 - If it's unbreakable, it's shouldn't be "unbreakable" indeed? This is, shouldn't break even with gnomes, and rain, and jokes affect it?
2 - If it can be broken with gnomes, rain and jokes, I can't have the option to fix it? Aftter all, it broken, I have a Sim who can be fix it and that is a game purpose, right?

And in a way, an electronic that breaks with the "unbreakable" update (regardless of the form - be it "correct" (like break for gnomes, rain or jokes action), or a bug (as in my case)), have the option to fix it and it doesn't work, it isn't a another bug?

Thanks for all!
I hope to help fix some bugs and improve the game experience!!

Message 11 of 59 (2,106 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Unbreakable Radio breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73 Edition)

★ Pro

I am still having issues with unbreakable stereos breaking and not being repairable, for me its the Tower of Power and The Landlord Whisperer. While neither my Sim, butler or repair person can repair them they could be repaired with the spell casters repaireo spell. Could be coincidental but they seem when to break when its raining outside, even though they are in the house.

Message 12 of 59 (2,095 Views)

Re: Sim works forever and doesn't fix radio equipment (Encantador de Síndicos pt

Hero
@ReumaZika The bug is that it's breaking. Unbreakable means unbreakable.

There have been several attempts made to fix this bug by EA already so I'm curious what is still bugged. Gnomes and rain are actually supposed to be fixed. Pranking I'm not so sure cause there was another report for an unbreakable toilet breaking by pranking. So, if it's that, it's the same issue as with the toilet and possible that this possibility wasn't fixed yet.

If it's gnomes again, then Frown

The not being able to repair isn't the real issue, it's just a symptom. The issue is that they break in the first place. If they don't break, you don't need to fix them, right ?

So far, the question is: Is it only certain objects that are not fixed or is it a new way (pranking) that's not fixed.

The gnomes actually break stuff either on harvest fest when they're unhappy with the Sims or with that lot trait. Don't think they should break anything while they're inactive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 59 (2,082 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict  So I have a ton of gnomes on my lot but I try to keep them happy.  I had a thought that it may be unhappy ghosts...  I have two graves on the lot as well and get visited pretty frequently.  The ghosts are pretty happy but when they feel neglected they start to mess with things.  

Thank you for all of the work that you do for Simmers.  I know I've used your tutorials to fix my game on many occasions Standard smile

Message 14 of 59 (2,059 Views)

Hero
@buddhachick Added ghosts to the list. Not sure if they actually break stuff but maybe it's them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 59 (2,039 Views)

Sims gets stuck repairing BLAST FROM THE GLASS FLOOR SPEAKERS

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Season, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work; Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out; Bowling Night Stuff, Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff; Grim Glouish Guitar, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to repair a broken BLAST FROM THE GLASS FLOOR SPEAKERS and the sim gets stuck repairing the object indefinitely. Object will remain broken and will need to be sold and replaced as the only solution.
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to repair a broken BLAST FROM THE GLASS FLOOR SPEAKERS and the sim gets stuck repairing the object indefinitely. Object will remain broken and will need to be sold and replaced as the only solution.
What do you expect to see? I expected the object to be repaired timely and for the sim to continue on with other tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

Message 16 of 59 (2,049 Views)

Re: Sims gets stuck repairing BLAST FROM THE GLASS FLOOR SPEAKERS

Hero
@DeviantDee Merged your post with existing thread. I assume you have it upgraded to non-breakable ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 59 (2,018 Views)

20th Birthday Hot tub broke with unbreakable upgrade

★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Uni and Island Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the new hot tub for the 20th birthday of The Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hot tub broke with the unbreakable upgrade and it can't be repaired.
What do you expect to see? A hot tub with the Unbreakable upgrade should not break.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The free hot tub from the last update broke even with the Unbreakable upgrade and it can't be repaired. I had to replace it.

Message 18 of 59 (2,036 Views)

Re: 20th Birthday Hot tub broke with unbreakable upgrade

★★★★ Guide

😂😂💀

Oh, EA.

Message 19 of 59 (2,027 Views)

Rock of Ages stereo broken with Firaxium wiring, unable to repair

★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea.
What happens when the bug occurs? Came home to find my Rock of Ages stereo broken, despite being upgraded with Firaxium wiring, and I can't repair it, the animation goes on but there's no progress in the task and it goes on forever.
What do you expect to see? I expected it a) not to be broken and b) to be repairable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See screen.

Message 20 of 59 (1,947 Views)