Re: twitter login: username or password invalid

by GamerOwlie

Original Post

twitter login: username or password invalid

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff and Luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to login to twitter, either via the pop up from gallery or the one from game options
What happens when the bug occurs? it returns "invalid name or password"
What do you expect to see? A successful twitter connection
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Other information: 

• I have double-checked that it's the right password
  • Tried both username and e-mail
  • I don't have 2FA activated on twitter
  • Tested both with and without "remember me" (not that it should matter)

I first started trying to login to twitter maybe six or so months ago, and have since then tried on and off when I remember that it's something I'm interested in doing

Message 11 of 64 (1,311 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this exact issue. Using the same format I'll add my information since my bug report won't submit for whatever reason.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  Discover University, Island Living, 4 Seasons, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Try to share something from the gallery to a twitter account and then try to sign in to the twitter account. My account hasn't been linked to twitter yet so I think that's what this step is doing.
What happens when the bug occurs?  It says "Invalid Username or Password". 
What do you expect to see?  It should let me into the account? I don't know, it's still the linking stage, I haven't gotten that far.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never Used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Other information: 

• Just for context I know for certain my details are up to date and correct. I signed out of twitter account on both my browser and app on both my computer and phone and signed back in with the same details with no issues. I went through the process just to make sure.
  • I tried using both my email and username, I tried both clicking and not clicking the 'keep me logged in' box. It made no difference. I don't use a two factor authentication process, just a basic sign-in. I have tried multiple times in different sessions over the expanse of a few weeks, give or take. No change.
Message 12 of 64 (1,235 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue here, driving me crazy

Message 13 of 64 (1,177 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Twitter Login issues if Two Factor Authentication is set up

★ Guide

Has anyone found a fix? I can't get in at all Frown

Message 14 of 64 (1,158 Views)

★ Novice
@asarafayre I"m having the same issue. I had been logged in forever now it won't work. Frown
Message 15 of 64 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Adding mine:

Product:
 The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Snowy Escape, Dogs and Cats, and Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to login to twitter, either via the pop up from gallery or the one from game options
What happens when the bug occurs? it returns "invalid name or password"
What do you expect to see? A successful twitter connection
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes and no -- Before I installed any, after installing, and after removal.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Other information: 

• I have double-checked that it's the right password
  • Tried both username and e-mail
  • I don't have 2FA activated on twitter
  • Tested both with and without "remember me" (not that it should matter)

I actually *HAD* twitter successfully connected as recently as November 13th 2020. I used it then to share my Unus Annus family for the finally livestream.
Since then, for some reason, it seems to have logged me out? Aaaand now I can't log in. Nor can I find any of my content in the gallery on browser to share that way. 
Hence my trying to get twitter connected. 
I want to share what I've made. Especially as I participate in Shell Challenges. 

Message 16 of 64 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GamerOwlie Same here, except that I'd never heard of this 2FA verification until I suddenly couldn't login to Origin on New Year's Eve. Happy New Year! lol
Message 17 of 64 (983 Views)

Twitter Login is broken, 2FA edition

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs + all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Twitter account and turn on two-factor authentication. It must be a valid smartphone number!
What happens when the bug occurs? Entering your Twitter credentials always produces an "invalid username or password" message, but then you get a text from Twitter giving you a code to put in. Where do you put it?
What do you expect to see? The Sims 4 needs a drastic change to the "Log In To Twitter" screen that allows for 2FA-enabled accounts to enter authentication codes immediately after pressing the "login" button. This should only be a one-time process.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed: DHD; CL Five kits were installed One Sims Delivery Express (1/10/2022) Two-factor auth was enabled on Twitter on Christmas Day (12/25/2021)

One rule of thumb when doing things on behalf of a social media platform: do a check on somebody if they're doing two-factor authentication, and then provide a form for entering an authentication code!

Spoiler
The very concept of it was still being ratified when the name of the game was still The Sims 2.

OK, so Twitter is working, but the game doesn't take into account that you have to verify that it's you logging in (aka. 2-factor authentication). I log in as I usually do, but then I get "Invalid username or password"?  Then why's my smartphone blowing up with texts from Twitter?

I had to go to Twitter out of the game to revoke permissions from that and that still didn't work.

It isn't that hard to implement a minor change to the game for reflecting the logging-in status to show that it's doing 2FA from Twitter itself.

Message 18 of 64 (972 Views)

twitter acount

★★ Novice

Hello. I have a minor problem adding a twitter account to my game. I enter the correct password and name and the game alerts me that one or the other is wrong but I have always checked it and everything is correct. I enter my email and password and they won't let me go because something is wrong

Message 19 of 64 (1,046 Views)

Re: twitter acount

Hero
@jakubramik Are you using 2FA on twitter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 64 (961 Views)