by hestiah23

Original Post

[OPEN] Twitter login: Username or Password invalid

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Twitter and set up Two-Step Verification in place
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm unable to log in to Twitter in-game unless I turn off the two-step verification setting on Twitter.
What do you expect to see? Blue writing that says "log out".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not even sure I've posted to the right area. Honestly, I normally wouldn't care, but I'm trying to be on Twitter a little more often now. Please move this if it needs to go elsewhere.

I tried searching everywhere I could think in regards to this issue but couldn't find anything recent about it. Twitter has a two-step verification code setting. Someone tried to hack my Twitter account (why is beyond me), so I set up the two-step as I have on other websites awhile back. However, we don't have an area to enter the two-step verification code once we receive it nor does the system realize it is needed. I'm unsure if this is something that can be added or not but just thought you should know.

I turned off my two-step verification code and was able to log in to Twitter in-game. So, I'm pretty sure that's why it's saying I'm not logged in. For some it isn't a big deal, but I don't want to get hacked again. I could just not use Twitter, but if it is something that can be added, I'd love for it to be done.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 64 (8,569 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Twitter Login issues if Two Factor Authentication is set up

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 64 (8,468 Views)

Twitter Connection

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Island Living / Get Famous / Seasons / Cats & Dogs / City Living / Get Together / Get to Work GP: Realm of Magic / StrangerVille / Jungle Adventure / Parenthood / Vampires / Dine Out / Spa Day / Outdoor Living SP: My First Pet / Toddler / Vintage Glamour / Backyard / Kids Room / Romantic Garden / Spooky / Cool Kitchen / Perfect Patio / Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Ensure that you are not logged into Twitter in-game. 2) Under "Game Options", find the "Other" tab. 3) Select the "Login to Twitter" option. 4) Enter your login details, then select the Login button.
What happens when the bug occurs? An error message appears that mentions that I have entered the wrong login information.
What do you expect to see? Create a Twitter connection in-game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have correctly entered my login information using either my email address or username and password. The issue continues to persist.

Message 3 of 64 (8,344 Views)

Re: Twitter Connection

Hero
@hestiah23 Are you using Two-Factor-Authentification on twitter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 64 (8,329 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Hi! Yes, I am using it.
Message 5 of 64 (8,319 Views)

Hero
@hestiah23 Merging this with an older thread on the issue though.

Symptoms may differ but it's probably the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 64 (8,311 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Well, that's unfortunate. This seems to be a very old bug that hasn't been addressed. I guess the only way for now is to turn off authentication. I don't feel as secure.
Message 7 of 64 (8,285 Views)

Hero
@hestiah23 TBH, I would just not use twitter with the game. Better safe than sorry, especially if you've been hacked before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 64 (8,262 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I just tried using it without 2-factor and it still doesn't work. I'm actually trying to find a workaround to another issue by using twitter.

I can't seem to access the gallery on any of my web browsers after clearing my cache. An error message always appears on the page. I was hoping to get a direct link via a twitter share to my gallery. I apologize if that derails this thread.
Message 9 of 64 (8,248 Views)

Hero
@hestiah23 The gallery currently seems to have all kinds of issues. You might want to make a separate thread for that in tech.

I don't dare remove my twitter connection on mine to test this as it's working fine for me but I made it a long while ago.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 64 (8,243 Views)