by Catlovedar

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Tutorial helper sim dies from fire

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do the tutorial and when you gain control of the 2nd sim try cooking something
What happens when the bug occurs? She dies in a fire rendering the tutorial unbeatable
What do you expect to see? I guess not that unless it’s intended in which case a way to beat the tutorial without her.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It’s the new one with the tutorial obviously because it wasn’t there before then

At first I thought it was supposed to teach players how death works in game so I didn’t take any pictures or anything and I haven’t been able to replicate it.

Message 1 of 11 (1,131 Views)

Re: Tutorial helper sim dies from fire

★★ Apprentice

Although my sim has died during the tutorial since then like twice. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,106 Views)

Hero

Could be just bad luck.

Tagging as needs input to see if anyone else has this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (1,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok. The tutorial also disabled some actions needed to complete it and one time it gave me a random dude instead of the normal girl. Those anything?

Message 4 of 11 (1,060 Views)

Hero
Like what actions ? There's a report for aspirations not working correctly because of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,050 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Aspirations sleeping cooking. I guess anything the tutorial originally locks and unlocks as you progress through it. I just have to wait for the sim to do them herself. Compleating the tutorial doesn’t unlock them either. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,034 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also I tried doing the tutorial with a different sim after to see if that did anything but he aged up after leaving CAS an that somehow crashed the game. I stopped trying the tutorial after that.

Message 7 of 11 (1,025 Views)

Hero
Thread for aspiration is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Unable-to-Progress-in-new-tutorial-due-to-greyed-out/m...

Best to post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,022 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alex peed herself and died of embarrassment and this time she didn’t leave after the tutorial ended. Those are not supposed to happen right?

Message 9 of 11 (996 Views)

Hero
Don't really know. Did they only pee themselves or where they already embarrassed to the point where it got critical ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (987 Views)