Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Troll the forum doesn't count for work on slablet

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim use the Slablet for work interaction. In this case it was "Troll teh Forums" for mischief.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim using The Slablet to do mischief interactions doesn't get work credit for doing them in the work tab.
What do you expect to see? The Slablet function like the PC interactions and be able to get credit for work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Villain Sim was Trolling Teh Forums on the Slablet and was not able to gain credit towards Mischief interactions even though he was clearly being Mischievous on the Slablet.

Message 1 of 8 (2,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Troll the forum doesn't count for work on slablet

Hero

Sims in the Supreme Villain career working on the mischief interaction task can now use the Slablet to Troll teh Forums to complete the task.
○ Ah, you crazy supreme villains and your trolling ways. So eeeeevil.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,147 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Slablet Doesn't Count for Work Objectives

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Was that the only interaction or is it a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,424 Views)

Re: The Slablet Doesn't Count for Work Objectives

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict That was the only objective I saw. I didn't try it for other objectives as that sim is the only one that was employed. I didn't want to make the title crazy long.

Message 3 of 8 (2,418 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Troll the forum doesn't count for work on slablet

[ Edited ]
Champion

The tablet version of the Troll Forum interaction is missing the career performance benefit loot for the Secret Agent Villain career.

This is the part of the tuning file for the Troll Forum action on a computer:

<U n="operation_actions">
            <L n="actions">
              <T>76171<!--Loot_Commodity_CareerBenefit_Criminal_Main--></T>
              <T>104297<!--loot_Commodity_Fireleaf_ElixirOfBurning--></T>
              <T>110870<!--loot_Commodity_CareerBenefit_Agent_Villain_Small--></T>
            </L>
          </U>

But on the tablet version, the same part of the tuning file is missing the line for a Secret Agent Villain:

<U n="operation_actions">
            <L n="actions">
              <T>76171<!--Loot_Commodity_CareerBenefit_Criminal_Main--></T>
              <T>104297<!--loot_Commodity_Fireleaf_ElixirOfBurning--></T>
            </L>
          </U>

So that's why the tablet version is failing to work for completing the daily work task for a Secret Agent in the villain career branch. Hopefully it can be fixed to work the same as it does on a computer.

Message 4 of 8 (2,320 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Can confirm that "Troll teh Forums" on slablet does not work to fulfill mischief work task for Secret Agent - Villian. It does fulfill for Criminal career mischief work tasks. 

PC / Windows 10 / Base Game w/RG, IL & freebies; no mods or cc/never used

Message 5 of 8 (2,314 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrictPoptartJuniper It's been like that (for me) for as long as I can remember. The "positive" I get out of this is that trolling the forums on the slablet doesn't affect my younger sims' empathy. :D
Message 6 of 8 (2,286 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Troll the forum doesn't count for work on slablet

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,242 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Troll the forum doesn't count for work on slablet

Hero

Sims in the Supreme Villain career working on the mischief interaction task can now use the Slablet to Troll teh Forums to complete the task.
○ Ah, you crazy supreme villains and your trolling ways. So eeeeevil.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,148 Views)