by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Trapped sims can still work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -Get to Work -Spa Day -Outdoor Retreat -Luxury Party Stuff -Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? House hold with at least 2 sims, one of them should work in one of the base game professions (I used business) and the other should have a GTW profession (I used doctor). Go to work with the sim and and leave the other trapped in a room with no door. I'm not sure if the trapped sim's work day has to start after the player has left with the other sim, but I assume so.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims the have a base game profession and are trapped in a room, are able to attend work from home, if the player is attending another sim's work day. (as in the lot is not active at that time)
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't be able to do "work" while peeing themselves and browsing memes at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I discovered this in another save where a sim was unfortunately trapped in basement after the door magically disappeared. The sim looked as if she was working and even got a promotion, even though she was at home.

I decided to make another save, build similar setup and was able to reproduce the bug.

The screenshots show the reproduction.

Message 1 of 2 (1,072 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trapped sims can still work

Hero
Added as needs input to see how many people have this/are bothered by this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (929 Views)