by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Townie Teens Always Spawn With Only One Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for some townie families with teens to spawn. This can happen with both teens in families or single teen families.
What happens when the bug occurs? For some reason, townie teens will always only have one trait with the other trait slot blank.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect townie teens to have both of their trait slots filled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've begun to notice recently that for some reason, all townie teens will spawn with just one trait and have their other trait slot blank. It's so bizarre!

Message 1 of 21 (1,597 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Townie Teens Often Spawn With Only One Trait

Hero
Hm, I've checked a few households in my game and all of them have the traits they need.

Could you start a new game for testing with no added mods/cc and check if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (1,524 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can confirm this. it's a rare with at lease 30 plus hours of play. game will start generating teens with 1 trait, then later back to norm. not sure what causes this..

Message 3 of 21 (1,489 Views)

Hero
Could either of you upload your saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (1,482 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Thank you for reporting your issue!

As Crinrict stated, it would be nice to have your saves so we can investigate this more thoroughly at our end.

If you are willing to send your saves, please check the following instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you!

Message 5 of 21 (1,473 Views)

Message 6 of 21 (1,459 Views)

EA Staff

You certainly did! 

Thak you very much! 

Message 7 of 21 (1,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you SO much, @LadyDarkSorrow! I didn't think I was going to be able to send a save of my own since I've not been having any luck in getting teens to spawn in my unmodded save, and the ONE teen that DID spawn had both of her traits. If it helps, I've noticed that this phenomenon seems to be more common in townie teens that aren't the only Sim in their household. The teen in question on my unmodded save was a single teen household.

I'm also going to confirm what has been suggested before. Yes, I have noticed that this starts to become more likely to occur the longer you've played on a particular file. Maybe that's why the only teen that spawned in my unmodded save had both of her traits? She appeared pretty early on.

Message 8 of 21 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Lorraine-Simmer Np, I been seeing this for a little while and didn't think anything more about it. just when I read your thread a new walk by teen spawn and she had 1 trait. So Crinrict and SimQA was asking for a save, bam! done!

To Add, even Evil Clone Sims will sometimes spawn with 2 traits not all 3

Message 9 of 21 (1,435 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @LadyDarkSorrow @Lorraine-Simmer

We're no longer able to see this issue.  Have you seen this recently with new townies on a fully updated game?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 21 (1,366 Views)