[NEEDS SAVES] Townie Family Spawned With Son Older Than His Mother

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Townie Family Spawned With Son Older Than His Mother

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, I've been having a really hard time getting this to happen again, which is giving me the impression that it's a fairly rare bug. I eventually got too impatient and turned my mods back on. If anyone has this happening in a vanilla save, it would be great if you could share it!

Message 11 of 21 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

I am SO frustrated right now. I had no luck in getting this to happen again on a vanilla save, but it happened INSTANTLY on a modded save. Not only once, but TWICE. It's making me worry that it really might just be a mod-related issue, but I don't know how that can be the case when at least one person has seen it happen in the vanilla game. I assume that you don't want a modded save, so I replaced these families, but I did still save them and upload them to the gallery. They're the Blanton and Macguire families under the hashtag #buggedfamily and origin name, Lorraine-Simmer. Just as before, I'm ONLY seeing this happen with sons for some reason.

Again, could someone who is experiencing this in a vanilla save please send it in? And make sure that the save still contains the family. Don't delete or replace it!

Message 12 of 21 (1,203 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @Lorraine-Simmer

Yes, we were able to reproduce this at our end wihout a modded client.

Thank you for your investigation and all the info you provided.

Happy Simming! 

Message 13 of 21 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

That's wonderful news! And you're very welcome.

Message 14 of 21 (1,168 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Townie Family Spawned With Son Older Than His Mother

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 21 (1,158 Views)

★ Guide

I don't remember the family's name, but the ones in my game were townies - YOUNG ADULT father, YOUNG ADULT mother, ADULT son, CHILD daughter. All four of them had the INSANE trait.They dressed like San Myshuno townies. I have all mods disabled. I've seen them in multiple neighborhoods; the first time I saw them, I assumed it had to do with all four being INSANE, but when I saw them again, I just deleted them because I began to suspect the entire game was glitched. I don't think they've shown up in my game since then. The parents and daughter seem to be African American and the adult son appears South Asian, if that helps. I only found them because I was trying to isolate a disease spreading around and around among the children after playing a household with a doctor in it.

Message 16 of 21 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Guide

Again, definitely noticing a pattern here. With my observations, along with those of others, this only appears to be happening with SONS for whatever reason. I have yet to see someone report a daughter being older than her parents.

Message 17 of 21 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

This just happened again in my game. I've uploaded the affected family to the gallery under the hashtag #buggedfamily. It's the Coffey family. One of the sons is an adult and his mother is a YOUNG adult. And on top of that, the teen son only has one trait. The family has not been altered by me in any way and have been posted exactly as they spawned.

Again, ONLY sons.

Message 18 of 21 (1,048 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @Lorraine-Simmer!

We were able to reproduce this issue at our end. 

Thank you for all the info!

Message 19 of 21 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict  - I think I can confirm this is not mod related. i just spent 2 weeks playing basegame no mods no cc on my choirmaster account and had this happen multiple times. This seems to be a basegame bug. I came across at least 3-4 families that were game spawned with young adult parents and adult children - and I see they were able to reproduce it after posting. Sorry LOL I had a list of things I found in my basegame account.

Message 20 of 21 (226 Views)