Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers missing option to eat some foods

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game pack except Eco and University. All game packs. About half the stuff packs available - can't remember them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler try to eat Siopao, Ensaymada, Cupcakes, or Muffins (and maybe any other foods where a serving doesn't come with a plate).
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll notice that there is no longer an option for toddlers to eat Siopao, Ensaymada, Cupcakes, or Muffins. They can grab it. If it's in their inventory, they can "place in world" but they can't eat it.
What do you expect to see? Have a toddler grab one of the foods mentioned above from a servings plate (they have the options of "grab a serving" or "pick up a serving"). They will grab it then, instead of eating it as they used to do, they will put it on a surface. If you had one serving of those foods out and had a toddler click on it, they don't have the option to "eat", only the option to "put in inventory". If a serving of those foods is in the toddler's inventory, you have the option to "place in world" but you can no longer have the toddler eat it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened right after Patch Update 06/03/2020. The most recent patches didn't fix it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 22 (4,738 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers missing option to eat some foods

★★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I tested and all 4 mentioned foods were eaten by the toddler.

View in thread

Message 21 of 22 (990 Views)

All Replies

Re: Toddlers missing option to eat some foods.

★★★★ Apprentice

Oops!  With the question, "What do you expect to see" - the toddler's suppose to eat.  What I wrote above belongs to the "What happens when the bug occurs?" section.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message 2 of 22 (4,667 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers missing option to eat some foods

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem too. My toddlers will take a serving and then put it down, or it will end up in their inventory if there's no available space to put them down. I made a whole batch of vanilla cupcakes to serve at a toddler play date and only the adults got to eat them. 

Message 3 of 22 (4,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I have this same issue and found this post. Then I went digging through my old exported game tuning files.

It looks like the update they did to the generic_consume_foodball_toddler (Interaction Tuning instance 00000000000247FC) for the 1.63.x patch did something to break toddlers being able to eat the handheld foods mentioned above. I grabbed the 1.61.x version of the file, imported it into Studio as a new package mod, plunked it in my game and toddlers are back to being able to eat cupcakes and stuff.

Haven't gotten to stress testing the mod to see if it'll cause any other problems, but it's a place to start looking for any others trying to track down this error.

Message 4 of 22 (4,477 Views)

★★ Guide

I took my toddler to the Festival of Youth and she can’t have ice cream crêpes with her family Frown Please fix this so that the little ones can enjoy the fest too! 

Message 5 of 22 (4,367 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Since the patch that said they fixed the toddler eating problem, this still hasn't been fixed for me.  It did add another eating problem - toddler can grab "fried fish" and when I select eat, she sat down with the plate but her hunger continued to deplete.  I had her eat potato and she was fine. 

Does anyone else have problems with toddlers eating handheld foods like siopao? 

Message 6 of 22 (4,126 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I wish I knew how to mod like you. Frown  Thanks for your input, by the way!!   I really appreciate it! 

Since it's in the codes, it should be affecting everyone.  I suppose I'll just have to wait and hope that it'll be fixed in the next update... *sigh*...  They tend to fix one thing and break another with each update, though.  Like *whack-a-mole*. Oops  I guess toddlers not being able to eat some foods isn't "too" bad - we can still play around it.  I just wish we didn't have to always settle for less than 100% functional, you know? Disappointed  Thanks again for all your replies, everyone!  Take care for now. Dog Heart   

Message 7 of 22 (4,070 Views)

★★ Novice

Any chance you'd release your mod?  Rolling w/ 6 toddlers and no ice cream sucks.  Bad enough this 'fest' I found out was for children, not toddlers basically.  I need a Toddler event, or be told if there are any.  doing my first play-through since re-acquiring the game along w/ the many  xpacs.  

Message 8 of 22 (3,756 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This is still an issue, just saw toddlers being unable to eat cupcakes.

Message 9 of 22 (3,475 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This problem is still unpatched. Toddlers can't eat cupcakes.

Message 10 of 22 (3,124 Views)