Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers missing option to eat some foods

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game pack except Eco and University. All game packs. About half the stuff packs available - can't remember them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler try to eat Siopao, Ensaymada, Cupcakes, or Muffins (and maybe any other foods where a serving doesn't come with a plate).
What happens when the bug occurs? You'll notice that there is no longer an option for toddlers to eat Siopao, Ensaymada, Cupcakes, or Muffins. They can grab it. If it's in their inventory, they can "place in world" but they can't eat it.
What do you expect to see? Have a toddler grab one of the foods mentioned above from a servings plate (they have the options of "grab a serving" or "pick up a serving"). They will grab it then, instead of eating it as they used to do, they will put it on a surface. If you had one serving of those foods out and had a toddler click on it, they don't have the option to "eat", only the option to "put in inventory". If a serving of those foods is in the toddler's inventory, you have the option to "place in world" but you can no longer have the toddler eat it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened right after Patch Update 06/03/2020. The most recent patches didn't fix it.

My sim toddlers no longer have the option to "eat" siopao, ensaymada, cupcakes, or muffins after the June 3rd patch.  I used to like putting individual servings of siopao in toddlers' inventories so they can autonomously pull one out to eat when they're hungry, and there's no plate to clean afterwards.  Since the July 3rd patch, the option to eat has vanished. DevilDevilDevil  The same thing happens with and also with ensaymada, cupcakes and muffins.  I tested without custom contents and got the same results.  Does this happen with anyone else? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (200 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Toddlers missing option to eat some foods.

★★★ Novice

Oops!  With the question, "What do you expect to see" - the toddler's suppose to eat.  What I wrote above belongs to the "What happens when the bug occurs?" section.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers missing option to eat some foods

★★★ Novice

I have this same problem too. My toddlers will take a serving and then put it down, or it will end up in their inventory if there's no available space to put them down. I made a whole batch of vanilla cupcakes to serve at a toddler play date and only the adults got to eat them. 

Message 3 of 3 (51 Views)