Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers at home when should be at daycare

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work and Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have adults go to work and see if toddlers disappear to daycare.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers don't always disappear to daycare when they're supposed to.
What do you expect to see? All toddlers disappear from the house when older sims are at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've noticed it happening after the latest patch. My game is up to date.

There are several days within a sim week when at least one of my three toddlers is still home after the adults leave for work. It will say he/she is at daycare, but they are clearly not. I am able to control the toddler or watch them do things autonomously in and around the house. It is not always the same child.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (1,228 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Toddlers at home when should be at daycare

Hero

Toddlers no longer will show as “At Daycare” when they are taken back home via the “Care for Self” option. No Toddler clones here… you can’t be two places at once!

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (851 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers at home when should be at daycare

Hero
@CaprianaB Does this only happen when you stay on the lot while the parents go to work ? Did you ever hire a Nanny ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I play two families on rotation in this save. In one, I follow my scientist to work so do not stay on the lot.

It's my other household where this happens. Both parents have rabbit hole jobs. Most, but not all, sim days at least one child will still be in the house after I choose to send them to daycare. 

I have not hired any nannies in this save. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,188 Views)

Hero
@CaprianaB To be sure I understand right, it doesn't happen for the scientists but only in the rabbithole job household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,183 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Correct. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

This happened to me too. The toddler was in their high chair when the parent left for work. I chose to send to daycare, but the toddler kept being at home and stuck in the high chair. If I use resetsim on the toddler it's sent to daycare.

It has never happened with a toddler who wasn't in the high chair.

Message 6 of 10 (1,097 Views)

This happens every time for me.

Message 7 of 10 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CaprianaB and @BumblingJuicebox   Have you tried using resetsim on the toddler when it isn’t sent to daycare? That worked for me.

Message 8 of 10 (1,042 Views)

Toddler not going to daycare, time not speeding up.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university Island living Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City Living Get together get to work Jungle adventure parenthood vampires dine out spa day outdoor retreat my first pet stuff laundry day stuff backyard stuff movie hangout stuff perfect patio stuff Holiday celebration Grim's ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In my family I had the 2 parents, 1 child, 2 toddlers and 1 baby 1st parent went to work (im not sure if this influenced it at all but she was a teacher.) 2nd parent went to work 1h later (tech guru) and left one of the toddlers in the high chair. I got given the option to send to daycare or to hire a nanny, I chose daycare.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler that is in the high chair doesn't go to the daycare. The icon for him in the menu bar down the bottom of the screen appears greyed out as if he was at daycare, but he is still in the high chair. Because he's still on the lot, it doesn't speed through the day like it would normally.
What do you expect to see? Time speeding though as normal, no one on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional info, sorry Frown(

Message 9 of 10 (1,019 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Toddlers at home when should be at daycare

Hero

Toddlers no longer will show as “At Daycare” when they are taken back home via the “Care for Self” option. No Toddler clones here… you can’t be two places at once!

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (852 Views)