by 9e485afssd

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers are muted in Highchair

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except for; Island living, Moschino stuff, Discover University and realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown. the bug start after a patch or specific event. One moment the toddlers made noise in the high chair the next they didn't
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers make no noise when they should be speaking.
What do you expect to see? When toddlers are placed in high chairs they should be speaking but make no noise.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm looking for some help with a bug in my game. When toddlers are placed into highchairs, they're mostly muted and remain silent during some interactions when they should be speaking. for example when they cry or ask to be taken out of the high chair they do not make any noise. I should mention. i had mods installed. took them out, turned them off, i deleted the cache, tried repairing the game, did a complete folder refresh and reinstalled the game and even ran disk defragment. but the bugs persist and the toddlers remain mute.
Message 1 of 8 (914 Views)

Re: Toddlers are muted in Highchair.

Hero
@9e485afssd Does it matter which high chair you use ? Did you test different households/saves to see if it's related to certain toddlers/save game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

This occurs with all highchairs and all toddlers in all existing saves and new games.

Message 3 of 8 (832 Views)

Hero
@9e485afssd I tested mine (existing save) and had no issues with this.

Is this the only sound you have issues with ? Did you try fiddling around with your sound setting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (814 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yes, i've tried changing the audio settings from high to low quality. I tried changing the audio from stereo to headphones to 4.1 and 7.1 and still the bug persists. 

Message 5 of 8 (794 Views)

Hero
@9e485afssd Did you test on a new save/different family as well ? Does it happen everywhere ?

And this is the only sound issue you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i added 4 toddlers 2 alien and 2 human. Both aliens cried however only 1/2 of the humans did cry. 

Personally not sure if its based on gender etc or not.

Tested it again with one CAS made toddler and one toddler by birth and the CAS one was the only one not to cry.

Message 7 of 8 (731 Views)

Hero
@matthew1112 So it's an issue of CAS made toddlers ? Mine were all ingame born.

I'll test with a CAS one later today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (726 Views)