Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers are always generated wearing shoes in their Swimwear

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Vampires, Parenthood, StrangerVille, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, turn the Sim into a Toddler and go to its Swimwear. Even if you click the Randomize button, the new Toddler will still be generated wearing shoes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers wear shoes in their swimwear, despite not having any shoes in the category.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should not have shoes be generated as part of their swimwear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest update.

I ran into this minor bug by coincidence. As you can see in the pictures, Toddlers will always be generated wearing shoes in their swimwear. The latest patch clearly broke it, because this never happened before.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (2,655 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers are always generated wearing shoes in their Swimwear

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this issue ? I tested a few toddlers and they all didn't have shoes in swim wear. Maybe the latest patch also fixed this issue ?

@Stonders @ArcherAngelo @AprilTheSimmer96 @NAUGHTYPEACHY @JonaO703 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (1,048 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers are always generated wearing shoes in their Swimwear

Champion

I noticed this bug several weeks ago.  I thought it was weird that all of a sudden everyone is wearing shoes, not just the toddlers, but at least for the children and older they're given the foot fins or whatever they're called.  For toddlers, I've seen everything from the sneakers to the bear shoes ... as swimwear.  I've just been removing them but it is rather annoying.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 13 (2,480 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm finding this too although I'm also finding that when they're been given a bath by their caregivers they are also wearing those slipper things if you have Snowy Escape. They seem to be wearing footwear in all forms of water...

Message 3 of 13 (2,291 Views)

Champion

@NAUGHTYPEACHY Hi!  There is another bug report about wearing slippers for baths.

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers bathe with new slippers On - Answer HQ (ea.com)

I've encountered both issues but I don't have Snowy Escape. I do wonder if it's all related to the SE setup patch though.

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 13 (2,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Jona

Message 5 of 13 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Guide

I play on Xbox and I have this issue too. Don't think it was fixed before the last patch though because if I remember correctly the toddler would end up with shoes on in its swimwear category whenever I'd go into CAS to choose its clothing before the patch too. I could be wrong though and misremembering, I don't have my Sims have kids a lot anymore like I used to. Maybe sometimes but not often.

Message 6 of 13 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same issue. Always the toddler will have shoes in swimwear and when naked.

Message 7 of 13 (2,166 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this issue ? I tested a few toddlers and they all didn't have shoes in swim wear. Maybe the latest patch also fixed this issue ?

@Stonders @ArcherAngelo @AprilTheSimmer96 @NAUGHTYPEACHY @JonaO703 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I can confirm since patch 1.95 this is fixed my toddlers no longer generate swimwear with shoes (the fixing of the bath tub slippers seems to have fixed this) Thank you QA.
Message 9 of 13 (1,034 Views)

Champion

@crinrict   Same here.  I tested creating a few toddlers and none of them had shoes in the swimwear category.  Other ages are not auto generating with the fins either, so that's good too. :-)

Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 13 (1,015 Views)