by SparklyB

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Toddler stretches whilst talking to adult sat at table

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have toddler talk to adult sat at table
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler arms and legs stretch whilst talking.
What do you expect to see? Toddler doesn't stretch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Toddler was talking to Sim sat at the dining table and his arms and legs stretched whilst he was talking. 

After he had finished the interaction he returned to normal.

I haven't had this happen again, but I also haven't had the toddler talking to anyone at the dining table whilst standing next to it again. He talks normally to others sat at the table, when he's sat in his high chair. 

01-04-20_6:57:59 PM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (920 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddler stretches whilst talking to adult sat at table

Community Manager (retired)

Do you happen to remember the exact interaction the toddler was running when they stretched? Thanks for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 9 (861 Views)

★★ Expert
i saw something like this when a young adult Sim introduced themselves to a toddler. i noticed the Sim had two 'funny introduction' interactions available.

i chose one at random and the toddler stretched. i know this is not the same as OP but i wasn't sure if making a new thread was best, as my glitch might be seen as a one-off.

please move this post elsewhere if it doesn't belong here. Standard smile thank you.
Message 3 of 9 (749 Views)

Hero
@unseenlarks While they were sitting at the table or otherwise ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (735 Views)

★★ Expert
hi @crinrict--no, both the toddler and the young adult were standing outside. i can't get it to happen again.
Message 5 of 9 (726 Views)

Hero
@unseenlarks OK. If it was just a one of, I think it's fine here. if you continue to see it more often, since it wasn't a sitting interaction, a new thread would be best

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen today while the Toddler was talking to an adult. It was talk and then chat interaction. Creepy looking. 

Message 7 of 9 (601 Views)

Champion

Is that what’s happening? My angelic toddler has stretched like that a few times. Thinking back, I think it actually was always after auto-queuing talking/babbling to her father who was sitting at a table working on a computer. But I hadn’t put that together before so can’t tell you if it happens every time.

I also can’t give you an unmodded save anymore, because while the game started unmodded I’ve been slowly adding mods back in since. I’m still trying to track an intermittent LE about a bookshelf (this save hasn’t encountered it yet). But I believe the stretching started before mods.

The other toddler, who is fussy, hasn’t stretched at all. I don’t remember him ever interacting with his dad at the computer, but I feel like he has tried to talk to his mom at the dinner table while she was eating or doing university homework at least once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 9 (590 Views)

EA Staff
Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (508 Views)