Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? parenthood and cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the boys toddler hairstyle where his hair is in two little pony tails towards the bottom (i think it's under medium hair length?) experiences male pattern baldness when you zoom out.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you zoom in to the toddler, his hair is normal. When you zoom out, he has a bald spot.
What do you expect to see? The toddler having full hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This isn't a serious issue but I wasn't sure if anyone else noticed it. Thank you for taking time to read this.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 21 (4,019 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] [DU] Bald spot on female hairstyle

Hero

Toddlers no longer have bald spots when zoomed out on Low Graphics Settings.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (2,133 Views)

All Replies

Re: Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

Hero
@useh777 Could you post a picture of how this looks in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (3,974 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@useh777  I found this hair in CAS that looks like the one in your picture. It is base game and in the feminine category, which is easily accessible for use for every sim, by clicking the X next to the category name, at the top of all the pictures of hairs.

Hair in CAS:

toddler hair.png

Hair on boy toddler in game, trying to replicate your angle. Graphics Quality: Custom/Ultra, no problem zooming out.
angle toddler hair.png

Changed to Graphics Quality: Low, per advise. Both toddlers have bald spots when zooming out:
toddlers zooming out graphics quality low.png

What graphics quality/settings do you have? Could it be the same hair?

Message 3 of 21 (3,928 Views)

★ Guide

I've noticed the exact same thing in my game. My graphics settings are set to medium for everything. Reflections are off and View distance is high.Uncompressed sims, Post processing and laptop mode are also off.

Message 4 of 21 (3,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DonroaAkashu I just had this problem with this hair style I came on here to see if anyone else has experienced this. I haven’t seen it with the other hairstyles yet though.
Message 5 of 21 (3,790 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Faith01am  Are your graphic settings the same as the others? I could replicate it on medium as well (as detailed described in the previous post). 

Message 6 of 21 (3,765 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just tested, and I've found that this bug does happen on high and does not happen on ultra.

Message 7 of 21 (3,739 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

★★★★★ Novice

This happens for me with most of the new hairstyles that were added to base game in that big patch.  At different zoom points (all the way in is one that comes to mind), there is a bald spot.  I have an old computer, so I can't use high graphics.

Message 8 of 21 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed it with all the new toddler hairstyles. Both boys and girls.

Message 9 of 21 (3,261 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have notice that as well on adult sims male with some hairstyle, for intance a short hairstyle from City Living, when I zoomed out I could see  the color of his head.

Message 10 of 21 (3,178 Views)