[NEEDS SAVES] Infant/Toddlers needs Declined While playing another lot

by gaiiili_rose

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still having an issue with this? If so, could you share a save file where you've seen it happening? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 34 (5,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNickI believe its still around, but better than it was before, but I found a work around, if there are active sims in the inactive lot that can do skill improvement it works. My sim was working late at the Police station but most of the family was home, the toddler was getting hungry, in the red, so I had the Husband of the female sim I was playing build his gourmet skill which after I switched building the gourment skill, the toddlers hunger need went up.  My female sim I was playing was still at the police station.

Message 12 of 34 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, this has been happening to me for a couple years now and I've had it. I just had my sims go get a free breakfast during that out on the town holiday, and the toddler just as usual was not taken cared for at the day care in the slightest. And I come back to levels of red that I'm soon to get the child taken away from. 

Here is my google drive link to my save file. I wasnt sure which 'version' save file to give you, but they are all there if needed. My sims JUST got back from the breakfast. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iZW84YwdEL5Cvn4VwJkYmtJut7-Lt2RG?usp=sharing

Message 13 of 34 (1,033 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler Taken, Needs Declined While playing another lot

★★★ Novice

My Sim just went to Strangerville for the final battle against the plant monster. Her toddlers stayed at home with her husband whose parenting skills are lvl 10. I made sure all of their needs were full before leaving.
My Sim quickly returned home, went downstairs into the city center and got a notice that her twin toddlers were being taken away for neglect! Why did the father not care for the babies? I do not have autonomy off.
Also, when I am playing one Sim household and they visit another of my Sims' households, the babies are starving, need changing, and the parents with high parenting skills, just pick them up, shush them, and put them back down without caring for them.

Message 14 of 34 (923 Views)

Toddler needs with active careers

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? unsure
What is your current game version number? The latest one (fully updated)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Batu and the last two kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work in the scientist career with toddlers in the house
What happens when the bug occurs? When the active sim returns home, some toddler needs will be totally depleted - if it's hunger, you have hardly any time to fix it before the toddler is taken away.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers who are home with grandparents, a parent and a teen sibling should not have needs in the red - the family should be caring for them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Anytime I've been with a sim in their active career I can see that the toddler's needs are in the red while they're at home with family. Usually, they're okay by the time the active sim gets home, but sometimes they have one or more depleted needs. In this case, I had twin toddlers - both bladder needs in extreme red and one had a depleted hunger bar - he'd been fed in the morning. I told the hungry toddler to grab some food and he was taken away for neglect.

I think this needs to be fixed because he was in a house full of his family all day - it's logical to assume that his grandparents or father would have fed him while his mum was out at work. At the very least, there needs to be more time to fix the need - not instant removal on arrival at the lot!

Message 15 of 34 (791 Views)

Re: Toddler needs with active careers

Hero
@SimMariaG I merged your post with another thread on this issue. Could you send your save to Nick as asked above ?

Do make sure to test without mods before doing so though.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (767 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! I'll try without mods.

Message 17 of 34 (745 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I don’t leave the home lot when I have toddlers because if I send the teen out to hang out with friends and leave the toddlers with the parents, they don’t take care of their needs. I’m afraid I use UI Cheats on the toddlers so they don’t die or get taken away. 

Message 18 of 34 (709 Views)

Re: Toddler Taken, Needs Declined While Gone

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It happens with all sims, not just toddlers.
Message 19 of 34 (552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is not daycare but being left at home with a parent.  I have a household of 2 parents and 1 infant.  When I go to another lot with 1 parent for only 2 sim hours, when I return the infant is on the floor (was in the crib sleeping and all the way in the green) and nearly dead (ALL NEEDS NEARLY ZERO) and the 1 parent I left at home is dressed in winter-wear (it is winter in game, but the parent was in bed sleeping ... in PJ's!) and standing in the middle of the room with lowered needs too.  Not as bad as the infant, but these people were completely in the green when I left -- TWO SIM HOURS AGO!  So frustrating!  Like others have said, I feel like I am chained to my lot if I have an infant (and so are my sims unless they are going to work).  Additionally, different family, same save game - 2 sim parents go out and the nanny calls the parent to see if they want to go to a festival.  Upon returning from work .. the kid is no where to be found!  I do pick up child command from the crib and my sim runs all the way down the street and around the corner where the baby was left in the road by the nanny and the nanny is bugged out and no where to be found!  I don't have growing together, just base game update.  At this rate, I highly doubt I am sinking money into yet another broken pack.  

Message 20 of 34 (503 Views)