by Kalaidasim

Original Post

[FIXED] Toddler Dancing spams queue and crashes game

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes
What do you expect to see? When I change the control to the toddler, the game freezes after a short time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the last patch

I have made a video to my problem: Here

The problem came with the last patch.

The installation of the new pack did not solve the problem.

Greetings Kalaida ♥

Message 1 of 11 (1,292 Views)

Re: The game freezes when I change the control to the toddler

Hero
Does that happen with every toddler or just that one ?
If you put the same toddler in a new save for testing, does he have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,288 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'll check it out. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,279 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech for now for more troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting this with the user currently but have to backlog.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,202 Views)

Toddler dancing spams action queue, causes game to freeze

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, StrangerVille, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch toddler autonomously dance at silent stereo.
What happens when the bug occurs? The action queue is glitched and spams until it freezes the game. The glitching stops when the game is paused, and immediately starts spamming again once resumed. It shows the icon for the stereo when paused, and the issue happens when the toddler autonomously dances.
What do you expect to see? No spamming of action queue, and maybe toddler not dancing autonomously at a stereo that's off?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every time I load my save and enter the same house, the toddler starts autonomously dancing and starts spamming the action queue with something invisible. It stops when I pause the game, and sometimes it shows a stereo icon that says "Ask for Dance Help". If I don't pause it will quickly freeze my entire game and force me to restart my PC. I've removed all of my custom content, cleared my cache and repaired my game, but the issue continues.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qOL6b1zJmzCFaHijNpl28vOisAkedLLd

Message 5 of 11 (1,273 Views)

Re: Toddler dancing spams action queue, causes game to freeze

Hero

Hi @natabeartv 

I had this in my game but only with mods in which is why I never really reported it. There have been other reports but also only on modded saves. Has never happen to me on a vanilla game.

What kind of mods have you been using before you removed them ? 

Have you tried moving your house/family to a new save that never saw a mod and see if it also happens there (just for testing) (best to rename the folder and then place them in a new save)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a lot of hair, skin details and clothes, a few build/buy objects, MCCC, a balanced calories mod, $50 busking tips, and NoGlo/NoBlu. 

I haven't tried moving my family yet, but luckily I can simply delete the stereo and the issue goes away.

Message 7 of 11 (1,235 Views)

Hero
Some testing would be good to as I for one only had this with mods installed.

Can't treat this as a bug if it's potentially mod related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,200 Views)

Hero

I found the old thread for this and merged both.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,164 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Toddler Dancing spams queue and crashes game

★★★★ Novice

I started to get the same error after the last two patches. Anytime a stereo is turned on in the house, one of the toddlers spams the "bob to music" interaction and there is no getting rid of it until the stereo is switched off. One of the problems is that sims autonomously turn on the stereo and cause the bug.

Message 10 of 11 (652 Views)