by Kwarcdymny1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] The roof edges are not replaced by defaults on the lot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you do not have Island living (or with this pack excluded), place a house with roof perimeter from this expansion from the gallery on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roof does not have a roof edge replaced with those from the base game and the interior of the roof can be seen.
What do you expect to see? I want the edges of the roof to be replaced if I do not have a pack that includes such when I place lot from the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If you have this package, in "My Game Library" in Origin, right-click on the cover of The Sims 4 - Game properties - Advanced launch options and enter in Command line arguments: -disablepacks: EP07
This will disable this expansion pack to check the bug at home. To re-enable this package, simply delete this code.

Message 1 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] The roof edges are not replaced by defaults on the lot

Hero
forwarded this

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] The roof edges are not replaced by defaults on the lot

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Kwarcdymny1 @crinrict I can reproduce what you are seeing. When the build is placed with Island Living deactivated in the game the placed home does place with a gap. The roofing on the build does go to the edge, so there should be no gap or needed trim - even without trim there should not be a gap. I expect this could be an issue with either the thatched roof or the trim or maybe a combo? But... the roof is substituting fine, but I assume that the trim is not being substituted by the game since trim is optional and it may only replace non-optional items? Anyway, I am including screenshots of the gap upon placing (screenshots of this from two angles) plus a screenshot to show that once I add a basegame trim the gap is covered. 

I am on Mac and have no Mods or CC in my game and never have.

Message 3 of 3 (32 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help