by SheriGR

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] The roof edges are not replaced by defaults on the lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you do not have Island living (or with this pack excluded), place a house with roof perimeter from this expansion from the gallery on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roof does not have a roof edge replaced with those from the base game and the interior of the roof can be seen.
What do you expect to see? I want the edges of the roof to be replaced if I do not have a pack that includes such when I place lot from the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If you have this package, in "My Game Library" in Origin, right-click on the cover of The Sims 4 - Game properties - Advanced launch options and enter in Command line arguments: -disablepacks: EP07
This will disable this expansion pack to check the bug at home. To re-enable this package, simply delete this code.

Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] The roof edges are not replaced by defaults on the lot

Hero
forwarded this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (384 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] The roof edges are not replaced by defaults on the lot

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kwarcdymny1 @crinrict I can reproduce what you are seeing. When the build is placed with Island Living deactivated in the game the placed home does place with a gap. The roofing on the build does go to the edge, so there should be no gap or needed trim - even without trim there should not be a gap. I expect this could be an issue with either the thatched roof or the trim or maybe a combo? But... the roof is substituting fine, but I assume that the trim is not being substituted by the game since trim is optional and it may only replace non-optional items? Anyway, I am including screenshots of the gap upon placing (screenshots of this from two angles) plus a screenshot to show that once I add a basegame trim the gap is covered. 

I am on Mac and have no Mods or CC in my game and never have.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 3 (366 Views)