Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a new house and paint the terrain.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you leave the lot and come back, the terrain paint is gone. If you uploaded the house to the gallery, it is however saved there.
What do you expect to see? The paint remaining
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has happened to me for several months now when building in Del Sol Valley, StrangerVille and Windenburg, both public and private lots. I didn't find a thread about it here (except a very old one), but I think the problem was mentioned at the forums.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 99 (13,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Can someone share a save from before the issue occurs?  In other words, a save from when the lot can be loaded into with the terrain paint still visible, but is known to break later in play.  An "after bug occurs" save would also be helpful as well.

Instructions on how to share saves are here:
http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 73 of 99 (8,343 Views)

All Replies

Re: Terrain paint disappears after new building is finished

Hero
There's this one that's similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Terrain-paint-moved-when-placing-house-in-a/m-p/7... but not for traveling.

Is it just those neighborhoods you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 99 (13,294 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I remember only these 3 towns. The paint disappeared completely (only my painting, not the default terrain colours). After you paint the lot again, it will stay.

I don't know if this helps the team, but I incidentally uploaded a lot where the paint had just disappeared. It's the "army caravan" (under my name in the Gallery).

Message 3 of 99 (13,286 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

By leaving the lot, do you mean, playing another family or just go travel to another lot or after reloading the game ?

I tried StrangerVille with your lot and with my own and had not troubles with going traveling at all.

Tagging this as needs input to see if others see this in their game.

Also it only happens on newly build houses ? None of your own that you put in the game before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 99 (13,267 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I the colour was gone when I visited the new built lot for the first time with a Sim. After this, I can go to build mode again and it will stay.

It is a rather mysterious issue, I will have to do further tests!

Message 5 of 99 (13,248 Views)

Hero
Added to Buy/Build list.

Tagging @BryonyRae for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 99 (13,189 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

★ Guide

i just had this.

Demolished Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Valley, deleted the lot's original terrain paint.  Did several hours work building a house & using terrain tools & terrain paint. Went back to neighbourhood view, loaded CAS to make a sim; when the sim was made & moved into the house, the terrain paint was missing. All of the terrain paint i'd done had completely vanished, only the slight colour variations from raising some sections of ground had remained.

(All packs, no cc/mods)

Message 7 of 99 (13,091 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

★★★ Newbie

I am building in Del Sol Valley and having this very same issue I spent so much time painting the land that it makes me very upset!  I hope this bug gets worked out!

Message 8 of 99 (13,058 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Terrain Paint Disappearing

★★★ Newbie

I never use cheats (bb.moveobjects). I don’t have mods, don’t have custom content, and I use a PC, not a laptop, and this happened to me this week.

I built 3 different lots (a residential one in Sulani, a museum in Sulani and a residential lot on Windenburg), and when i went to play on these lots this morning, all my terrain paint disappeared. I spent at least half an hour on the terrain paint and I’m really sad that I have to do it again, and scared that it disappears again.

origin tells me my game is up to date. 

Pleade help.

Message 9 of 99 (13,024 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Terrain Paint Disappearing

Hero
@lilou379 I'm moving your post over to a more current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 99 (12,992 Views)