by marjia

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Terrain Paint Problem

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? paint terrain under landscaping, save to library, download from library to a new lot
What happens when the bug occurs? terrain paint either slips or disappears
What do you expect to see? terrain paint should align with landscaping
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Terrain paint shifts when lot is moved

EMa0mGWUwAAdmkb.png

Message 1 of 4 (1,215 Views)

Re: Terrain Paint Problem

Hero
@marjia Is this how it's supposed to look or how it looks on the lot in willow creek ? Could you post a before and after ?

Does it also happen when you leave the lot ? There's a thread for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Terrain-paint-disappears-after-leaving-lot-new-bui... but not sure if it's the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,107 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict you can see from the attatched photo that the terrain paint has slipped from where it was intended. It's really obvious.
Message 3 of 4 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is happening to me on and off is that I finish a build. Save it. Exit the game. I open up the game, go straight to the build and the terrain paint has disappeared completely. 

It will save if I save the build to my library, but otherwise, it's anyone's guess. 

I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't spent so much time on this, plus once everything is already placed, trying to add terrain paint back makes the camera jump around like crazy.

Message 4 of 4 (1,030 Views)