by Sigzy05

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Terrain Glitches In Willow Creek & Sulani

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to Willow Creek, to the neighbourhood where the Sylvan tree is and where the BFF household resides (I think it's called Foundry Cove), and near the back of the community garden.
What happens when the bug occurs? The terrain has a step on it, like a world glitch.
What do you expect to see? The terrain to be softer, more plain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

05-25-19_11-38-37 AM.png05-25-19_11-38-42 AM.png05-25-19_11-38-54 AM.png

It's especially noticeable in Spring because of the flower textures that appear on the ground. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,798 Views)

Re: Weird Step On the Ground In Willow Creek

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

That is really a nice find, but I think to me like its the edge of the hidden community garden lot. Also it could be a graphics anomaly which happens in games like this.

Edit: it is a hole or something if I put my sim directly on the line my sims feat disappear, first ever sinkhole in the Sims, can we search it for good or a door to a hidden world?

Message 2 of 8 (1,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't know how I never noticed this before. Or maybe it's a recent bug? Idk. But it's certainly weird. Sims feet sink through it. Hopefully they can fix this like they fixed Midnight Hollow's world gap.

Message 3 of 8 (1,706 Views)

Hero
Tagging @BryonyRae for this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,636 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can verify that I see the same terrain glitch in my game as well as a second similar seam in the terrain a little closer to the street.  Will add to our list as needs input.  

Message 5 of 8 (1,615 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Terrain Glitches In Willow Creek

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found a similar on the lot in Oasis Springs. On the left is a glitch beyond the boundaries of the lot, and on the right a knoll on the lot's porch, which glitches with the floor and with the tools of the ground, strangely flattens. There are photos in the link because for some reason I can not add even one picture here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48002455493/in/dateposted-public/

Message 6 of 8 (1,526 Views)

★★ Pro

You don't have it circled, but the Vista Quarry lot in Oasis Springs has a similar terrain anomaly on the front left of it that can cause issues with floor tiles not working as they should. I can't remember how long it's been that way, but definitely since before the terrain update.

This thread is for Willow Creek though, so I wonder if Oasis Springs should have a separate thread of its own?

Message 7 of 8 (1,508 Views)

★ Guide

Seems like there also one in Sulani!

06-22-19_12-29-53 PM.png06-22-19_12-29-55 PM.png

This is in the town neighborhood, in a small little beach.

Message 8 of 8 (1,358 Views)