by verfens

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Teens/kids leave their homework on non-home lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Taking sims to another house
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims homework disappears from inventory
What do you expect to see? Sim homework returned with sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Everytime I take my sim teens/kids to another lot, they seem to sit down and do their homework.

They seem to leave it and I have to keep buying new homework from the bookshelves.

They leave it behind, which causes a side issue of homework stuck in other sims homes. This also happens when other teens/kids come to visit my active house

Message 1 of 7 (1,181 Views)

Re: Homework Left behind

Hero
Kids/Teens always had a tendency to leave their homework behind, especially if you change lots before they finished.

There was a fix for public places a while back which made the homework get clean-up that's got left behind: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-NPC-Sims-leave-homework-in-the-Park/m-p/4705669#M46058

The problem is, that they sometimes don't put it back or you travel while they're still doing it.

I'm marking this as unsure as I don't know if it's a bug but encourage you to post in the feedback forums for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,125 Views)

★ Guide

A random kid left their homework on one of the public picnic tables in my game. It didn't disappear on its own, so its just sitting there on the table. I'm not sure how to get rid of it since I don't know who left it there. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,107 Views)

Hero
Adding this as needs input but I still think it's borderline feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Anyone still seeing this ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (912 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I've had this happen recently, but I've not had many kids in my current games to test since patch.  Will do.

Message 6 of 7 (898 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Teens/kids leave their homework on non-home lots

★★★ Apprentice

When this happens, try checking your household inventory. I know when my sims are on other lots and I make them leave when they're in the middle of grilling something such as hot dogs on a barbecue, the unfinished food gets automatically added to my household inventory. Which itself is a problem because it's hard to get rid of, but I'm wondering if the same thing might happen with homework.

Message 7 of 7 (883 Views)