[ARCHIVED] Teen to YA aging doesn't always give option to add third trait

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: the sims 4 parenthood

@cronkie12 merged your post with a bug post existing about this issue. So it's a bug, that's why Frown

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 30 of 51 (2,543 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is this issue still occurring for anyone? We have been unable to reproduce it, even on provided saves. If anyone's still seeing it, could you possibly provide us your recent saves? Thanks so much for the help! Standard smile https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 51 (2,538 Views)

★★ Novice

I play Sims4 frequently, but after the December 2017 update I noticed that when my sims age from teen to young adult, they get the extra character traits from the parenthood, but they don't get prompted for the third character trait normally anymore. I need to edit the sim with a cheat in order to have full three character traits. Is there anyway to fix this? I have done the repair installation couple of times already. 

I've attached a OneDrive link to a folder with the save files in it.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhhZgLzuvT_kgeFnQNl_jwa98UelSg

Message 32 of 51 (2,478 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick,  I just uploaded my save file for the cat only hh the game created in San Myshuno that you wanted, dolldrms1CatOnlyHH.rar .  If you will also check the Suggs hh in Willow Creek, you will find a YA who never got the option for a third trait on age up from teen.  I have had age up work correctly in another save I have but the twin boys were only to receive the responsibility PH reward trait.  Callie Suggs was to receive multiple PH reward traits, which she did.  I just didn't get the option for the third trait that should be allowed on aging up from teen to YA.  I'm attaching a pic of the YA Callie in CAS so the missing trait is obvious.

In that uploaded save, Billie Jang in San Myshuno should be aging up to YA within a sim day.  I don't know if she will get the option for another trait or not yet.  I haven't had a chance to play today.  Just wanted to let you know an age up you can watch in a save with a recent age up trait issue is an option.

Message 33 of 51 (2,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could either of you create a new thread for this so I can merge this into ? This one lacks the template.

@peach77 @dolldrms1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 51 (2,436 Views)

Hero

Thanks. Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 51 (2,424 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I had this happen once when the Sim aged up during a club meeting. He also was terribly distorted because he was wearing a club outfit.
Message 37 of 51 (2,401 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sim grows into young adult but never gained new traits

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem! This is the first time I am aging a teen into young adult after getting the Parenthood pack. My teen is only in range for the responsibility trait, and he got the trait upon turning into a young adult, but I did not get the selection screen to pick a third trait. I solved the problem by enable cas.fulleditmode and pick the third trait from the CAS screen. However, I shouldn't need to cheat to get the third trait. Please fix the bug!

By the way, I am running a vanilla game, no mod or cc.

Message 38 of 51 (2,361 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 51 (2,330 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @chidoriaida

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

In your case, we would like your entire save games folder with all the savegames you have. 

That would help us a lot trying to reproduce this issue. 

Thank you very much!

Message 40 of 51 (2,311 Views)