[ARCHIVED] Teen to YA aging doesn't always give option to add third trait

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: Sim grows into young adult but never gained new traits

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for continuous posting, but I got another teen sim who couldn’t obtain the third trait and traits of Character values. 

My save file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As8z_Eg20y2XhNpza35-9MiY7CgV_A

Please note that:

1. I usually play Japanese version, so proper names such as sims’ names and lots’ names will be shown in its characters.
  2. The teen sim is at Affluista Mansion in Oasis Springs, where Landgraab family originally lived.
  3. The sim is only teen in the household, who has red hair.
  4. He will become older within a few sim hours.
  5. He is a vampire, but it’s not genetic - his great-grandmother was a vampire, though. Caleb Vatore turned him into a vampire when he grew up into a teen.
  6. I replayed it several times to see if his action, location or club gathering affects the result, but he can’t get any traits whatever he does or wherever he travels as far as I tested.
Message 20 of 51 (2,393 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for my continuous posting, again. I just found that a LastException file was generated each time my teen failed to get the trait selection screen. I attached the file.

I noticed the phrase “relationship tracker” in it. If the game program traces the sim’s relationship at the birthday event, it would be the birthday gift feature from Parenthood GP. So I disabled the pack by entering the code “-disablepacks:GP05” in Orign’s game properties screen. Then, the teen could successfully grew up with trait selection screen.

So, my guess is that the cause is probably some features of Parenthood GP.

Message 21 of 51 (2,473 Views)

Sim aged up no traits bug + a suggestion to improve generation gamer experince

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,
my sim has just aged up to an adult and she had earned on the range for responsibility, manners, empathy but these traits did not show up on her info panel. I have re-done her birthday 3 times and the same thing happened. anyone can help?
The same thing happened to her brother but I was not actively playing on that family when this happened (I have 3 households I switch between from the same family) which is somewhat understandable and expected--- although this should be fixed especially for us #generation players that have multiple households to manage! :#
Thank you for anyone that can shed some light on this!!!

Message 22 of 51 (2,501 Views)

Re: Sim aged up no traits bug + a suggestion to improve generation gamer experin

EA app Team

Hi @aners2312,

As we have been discussing this here, I have merged your thread. Standard smile

Thanks for the report!

-Mai

Message 23 of 51 (2,442 Views)

Re: Top Notch Toddler Reward Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi!! I had a similar issue with the parenthood game pack

my sim has just aged up from teen to young adult and she did not receive the traits she was in range for that came with parenthood (empathy, manners, etc). I have re done her birthday 3 times and nothing seems to work.

More similar to the issue at steak, this sim's brother when aged up I was not playing on his active household and so he did not earn any of these traits either, I thought it was just because this was not the active household (something I think should be fixed if this is the case!) 

I will try your solution of manually adding the traits @crinrict ! Hopefully it will work

if not, any solution?

MAC, NO MODS, NO CUSTOM CONTENT

thanks!

Message 24 of 51 (2,425 Views)

Re: Top Notch Toddler Reward Trait

Hero

@aners2312

moved your post to the appropriate thread for that.

Manually adding should work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 51 (2,413 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@3ukkie from your save we can see a lot of missing objects which suggest Custom Content. Do you know what custom content you used? 

Message 26 of 51 (2,353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, @IrishMadCat_EA.

No, I've never installed any CCs. I don't even know how I can do. There must be a lot of hidden objects placed with the cheats, though.

I reset my The Sims 4 folder, switched the language to English, downloaded my save file again, reloaded it with the renewed game folder and it looked all fine on my PC. I didn't get any error messages regarding missing contents. I don't have any idea where the difference came from.

Message 27 of 51 (2,341 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@3ukkie Thanks for double checking and sorry for any confusion caused.

We will go back and look at the save again. 

Message 28 of 51 (2,339 Views)

the sims 4 parenthood

★ Novice
I had my teen sim be a very terrible child and all of his thing, responsibility, empathy, etc. we're all in the dark red, meaning when he aged up he should've gotten those bad traits.
But when I aged him to a young adult, he had none of those new traits whatsoever.
Why is this?
Message 29 of 51 (2,331 Views)