by cooldood555

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sylvan Glade Tree Outline Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going to the lower right neighborhood of Willow Creek and putting your cursor over the clickable tree that leads to Sylvan Glade.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I put my cursor over the tree to Sylvan Glade, the leaves and vines have opaque white areas around and near them in the shape of leaves, almost as if it's trying to outline leaves that aren't there.
What do you expect to see? The usual semi-transparent outline that only outlines what's actually there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshots are available here. I've also attached two cropped screenshots for those who can't or simply don't want to follow the link.

The issue occurs both before the passage to Sylvan Glade appears and after. I'm playing during Spring, so my best guess is that the tree shows more leaves during Summer, and the white I'm seeing is what would be the area highlighted when outlining the tree during Summer, though I haven't tested it in other seasons.

I haven't played in Willow Creek in a long time – I think since around the time Seasons first came out – so I can't say for sure when this issue started, but I know it wasn't present the last time I played there, so it had to have been within the last year lol.

Message 1 of 2 (804 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sylvan Glade Tree Outline Issue

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I just forwarded this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (752 Views)