by Sketch793

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Submit Book Copy to Literary Digest queues twice for mail slots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, and Island Living. Outdoor Living, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, and StrangerVille. Perfect Patio and Kids Room. Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a Sim into 930 Medina Studios (San Myshuno). Reach writing level 9. Click on your own mailslot and submit a book to the literary digest.
What happens when the bug occurs? The action queues twice.
What do you expect to see? I expect the action to queue once.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made a Sim, moved into her into an apartment, and had her do some writing. I tried to submit a book to the literary digest once she reached level 9 in the writing skill and unlocked the ability. The action queues twice when she clicks on her own mail slot, the one with the commands to Get Mail and Pay Rent. The action only queues once if she clicks on one of the other two mail slots. I don't know if this is limited to apartments. The second action fails, as expected.

There was a similar bug that was fixed in November 2018. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Publish-Liberty-Digest-queues-twice-failing-the-second/m...

Some other factors that might be involved but probably aren't. She is pregnant with Father Winter's baby (Clement Frost). She is in the 3rd trimester. Her traits are Neat, Cheerful, Family Oriented, and Domestic. Her starting aspiration is Super Parent and has never been changed. She has completed its first milestone and reached level 1 in the Parenting skill. The lot traits are currently set to Home Studio, Island Spirits, and Fast Internet. She is the leader of a club that she created. The current members are herself and Clement Frost. The current activities of the club are Paint and Write and there is an active club gathering. It's Thursday, 5:59 am, Spring, the first week of the save. She has reached celebrity level 1, Notable Newcomer, but has no perks or quirks.

Message 1 of 7 (2,892 Views)

Re: Submit Book Copy to Literary Digest queues twice

Hero
@Sketch793 Could you test other apartment lots and other lots ? It does sound like the same issue that was fixed but maybe it wasn't for apartments

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,841 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I tested several other apartments, including one of the penthouses (1 Torendi Tower Penthouse), the single apartment (888 Spire Apartments), and The Old Salt House. I got the same results at all of them. The mailslot assigned to the apartment/lot causes the action to queue twice. Mailslots assigned to other apartments do not.

I was able to add a standard mailbox to the Old Salt House along with another mailslot. Both mailslots caused the action to queue twice but the standard mailbox only queued it once.

I also tested some houses in other worlds. They all had standard mailboxes and the action only queued once.

At this point, I think the bug is limited to the mailslots.

Message 3 of 7 (2,831 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 OK. Thanks for all the testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,825 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Submit Book Copy to Literary Digest queues twice for mail slot

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,779 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Submit Book Copy to Literary Digest queues twice for mail slot

★★★★★ Pro

Just tested this and it's still happening.

Message 6 of 7 (2,604 Views)

★ Guide

This doesn't just happen in apartments, and it has been going on for a long time.  I had assumed it was a mod of mine (I have a mod that makes it so there's no cooldown for submitting to literary digest), and whenever I'm going to queue up a bunch of submissions, I have to pause my game, select the option once, delete one of the queued interactions, select the option a second time, delete one of the queued interactions, etc.  

I never even thought to check here, as I had assumed it was the mod being wonky somehow.  Maybe it's not though; it might just be that the mod allows me to see the problem more frequently than I would without it.

It ONLY happens on the Submit to Literary Digest option.  It doesn't happen under self-publish, or sell to publisher.  I expect that the interaction didn't get tested as well, simply because there's an unnecessary cooldown on the interaction, so it isn't always available to test.

Message 7 of 7 (2,518 Views)