by Sunflower7391

Original Post

[OPEN] Style Influencer: Skill level not Properly recognized

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the regular Sims 4 no extensions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its the Charisma skill
What happens when the bug occurs? I do the skill to go up but it does not get recognized to move up
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it go up but stays in place
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Just certain skills I    have been doing but won't go up in skill level. For example it says I    need skill level 5 but I  am up to skill level 8. 

Message 1 of 94 (20,555 Views)

Re: Glitch in Fashion Career

Hero
@Sunflower7391 Could you try cheating down the skill to level 4 and then back up to 8:

stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma 4
then
stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma 8

to see if that fulfills it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 94 (20,460 Views)

Hero
@Sunflower7391 Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 94 (20,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

I    ended up choosing another career but for some reason it was not recognizing my skill level. So I    just restarted it 

Message 4 of 94 (20,411 Views)

Style Influencer Career: No Promotion after level 6

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cats and Dogs, Get to Work Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat Stuff: Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get career to level 6 (Trend Setter) of the Style Influencer Career
What happens when the bug occurs? When level 3 photography skill is attained for promotion, career panel still shows skill at level 2.
What do you expect to see? To get promotion to level 7 after getting the skill requirement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

---

Message 5 of 94 (20,424 Views)

Re: Style Influencer Career: No Promotion after level 6

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@kathastropheOddly enough, I had the exact opposite thing happen to my Style Influencer Sim. She received several promotions without having a photography skill level high enough to be eligible for promotion. Each time the career panel showed she had met the requirement while her actual skill level was 1 or even 2 levels below the requirement.

It's interesting that in both of our cases it specifically involved the Style Influencer career and the Photography skill.

I don't recall the exact dates that this happened in my game but it was several months back, at least. I play on a Windows PC.

Message 6 of 94 (20,405 Views)

Hero
@kathastrophe I merged your post with another thread on this although it's a different skill.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 94 (20,385 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've been noticing this issue on my Style Influencers, however it seems to mostly be a display issue as far as I've seen. While it doesn't show I fulfill the skill requirement for the next promotion, it still promotes me because I actually do have the skill requirement in my Sim's skill list.

The issue seems to become more obvious after the branching point when you need four skills at specific levels from what I've experienced; I'll end up being promoted even though it says I don't meet the skill requirements in two categories.

- B

Message 8 of 94 (20,372 Views)

★★ Novice

So I did get to level 7 ... you could be right, @burin077. It may be a display issue then. But then again it took a long time to the next level and I was going by day by day waiting for the next patch.

Message 9 of 94 (20,336 Views)

styler influencer charisma

★★ Novice

Has anyone had any issues with their charisma not registering for career? Im at wardrobe wiz and have a level 10 charisma but it says I'm level 6, so I can't promote. I have tried quitting and coming back but it just demotes me to textile technician and when I promote again It's the same issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Message 10 of 94 (20,325 Views)