Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stuff deleted when painting walls/ half walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As far as I know, make a functional micro home thats fully furnished. Live in it for a little and then try and paint the walls
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of the stuff in the main part of the home is deleted.
What do you expect to see? My house hold Items not to be deleted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The january 2020 update and installed Tiny Living

To be clear, I have had my cc and mods uninstalled for a while and have it so its not allowed in my game. I am also not sure how to record while in build/buy so the screenshot attached is me trying to paint the half wall in my micro home that i missed and some of the items showing up as if i had the hammer activated. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 30 (8,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Doors and wall decorations deleted upon placing wallpaper

Hero

Objects mounted on walls will no longer be removed when a different wall texture is applied in Build mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 30 (3,204 Views)

All Replies

Re: stuff deleted when painting walls

Hero
@sarahmae55 Did you place stuff with moo enabled or without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (8,123 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict at the moment i did not have it on but i did use it for some of the items in my home. The ones that are highlighted though are ones i did not use the cheat on.
Message 3 of 30 (8,121 Views)

Hero
@sarahmae55 It sounds like this supposingly fixed issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Adding-Moving-Deleting-Walls-and-Wall-Patterns-Removes/...

Do you see the same when you delete walls ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (8,112 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict It worked! its a little annoying that it has to always be on, but thank you SO much! Now that wall wont annoy me lol
Message 5 of 30 (8,097 Views)

Windows disappearing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Laundry Stuff, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build/Edit Lot in Sulani, move or edit/delete a wall with windows placed on surrounding walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to move, edit or delete a wall, random windows will delete. This occurs to windows on a completely different wall to the one being edited as well as windows on the wall being edited.
What do you expect to see? Windows should stay where they are or move when a wall is being pushed in/out. They shouldn't disappear, especially on walls that haven't been edited.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've only noticed this happening when building on a raised lot in Sulani. In the photos, you can see I've pulled the wall out, and the windows to the right have disappeared, and a window further right on a completely separate wall has also disappeared. 

Message 6 of 30 (7,968 Views)

Re: Windows disappearing

Hero
@niamhrj Are you using moveObjects ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (7,947 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict I wasn't when doing this. I have just tested it using moveobjects and didn't have any problems. 

Message 8 of 30 (7,898 Views)

Hero

@niamhrj 

I took a look at this in a test build as close as I could make it to what you show in your pictures.  My windows stayed put and didn't disappear.  But I have had it happen on some of my builds before so I know it does happen.  I've found that a lot of things in build happen depending on the order in which you do things like your disappearing windows.  Placing an object like a stair will wipe out windows and other wall hanging things even though one would think that it shouldn't.  So the best advice I can offer is to find what works for you when you build so you don't have to keep redoing things. 

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 30 (7,845 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stuff deleted when painting walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Whoops, wrong thread

Message 10 of 30 (7,726 Views)