[NEEDS INPUT] Stuck As A Ghost after drinking ghost goo (overheating death)

by Yomenao

Original Post

Re: Ghosts stay ghosts

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@yeetmepleas You need to use a cheat to remove the ghost trait.  Otherwise, the Sim will remain a ghost.  Normal methods of turning the Sim back into a human don't work.

Did you experience this issue:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-Ghost-Serum/m-p/4678314/highlight/true#M14993

Message 11 of 13 (338 Views)

Death By Overheat & Flies Sims cannot be Revived

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, Game Packs & Stuff Packs. Though this issue is from Base Game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The issue comes from the Loot Action Tuning: loot_Ghost_Resurrect. I have found that the Death by Overheat trait (trait_ghost_Overheat) & Death by Flies trait (trait_ghost_Flies) is not listed in the tuning file. Instead Drowning, Anger, Cowplant, Over Exhaustion, Electrocution, Embarrassment, Fire, Hunger, Laughter, Old Age, Steam, Pufferfish, Sun (Vampire), Poison, Freezing, Spellcaster Overload, Rodent Disease, Lightning, Mother Plant, Murphy Bed and Beetle are only present in the tuning. Adding the traits_remove for those missing traits will fix the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever a Sim who died by Overheating (or attained through the Wishing Well, Ghost Goo, etc.) eats an Ambrosia or gets resurrected by the Dedeathify Spell, the Sim will not turn back into a Normal Sim when though the interaction parsed successfully.
What do you expect to see? As per all types of death, Sims should be revived and should no longer be a ghost.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue is part of the Ambrosia and Resurrect spell bug. However this issue has been not fully known by many Simmers and is covered by other bugs. Before Eco Lifestyle, approx. Patch 1.58, I have found that the Sims with Death by Overheat cannot be revived (from Ghost Goo) UNLESS using the Wishing Well or Cheats. While writing this up, I have found that Death By Flies was also missed out but this Death can only be removed by cheats; as the Wishing Well cannot remove that trait along with some other traits as the Loot Action Tuning is missing those traits.

As this issue has not been fixed (probably when Seasons was released) and there is still mass confusion with Ghost Goo being part of the issue even though it is definitely not part of this, I have decided to repost the issue, but with a fix.

Message 12 of 13 (292 Views)

Re: Death By Overheat & Flies Sims cannot be Revived

★ Apprentice

The following text file is a Loot Action Tuning of loot_Ghost_Resurrect from Patch 1.66. There is no differences in the code from Patch 1.66 and Patch 1.67. The only line removed is <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> due to reading errors.

Message 13 of 13 (284 Views)