Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stuck As A Ghost after drinking ghost goo (overheating death)

by Yomenao

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Stuck As A Ghost after drinking ghost goo (overheating death)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, get to work, city living vampires, spa day, outdoor retreat laundry day, vintage glamour, backyard, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? drinking ghost goo potion until the character died of overheating
What happens when the bug occurs? when the potion moodlet expires, my character is still stuck as a ghost due to the cause of death is overheating. I don't have the seasons pack. I have tried the normal way to restore a ghost which is using ambrosia but it didn't work. I have to use a cheat to remove the death trait for my character to return normal.
What do you expect to see? When the effect of ghost goo potion expires, my character should return to normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

my character shouldn't have died of overheating since I don't have the seasons pack and I don't use mods ever. When the effect of ghost goo potion expires, my character should return to normal. It does except the case of overheating.

Message 1 of 13 (2,197 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @Yomenao!

First of all, thanks so much for your report on this issue! 

In case you are able to reproduce the issue on your end, do you mind sharing a video clip with us of how your Sim ends up dying from overheating and being stuck as a ghost afterward?
Basically, the video would need to contain the following actions:

• Your Sim drinking the Ghost Goo
  • Your Sim dying from Overheating
  • The Ghost Goo potion being expired but your Sim being stuck as a ghost

That would indeed be super awesome as it would help our team a lot to gather further information about why this is happening in your game!

But if you can't reproduce the issue, your save file would be a great help as well! Standard smile

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share files with our team.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 13 (2,143 Views)

★★ Novice

Here it is: Error Video

Video is longer than expected because it took a few times to get the right death.

Message 3 of 13 (2,129 Views)

[GTW][S] Sim Stuck As a Ghost If Was Ghost From Overheating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Parenthood Stuff, Spa Day, Strangerville Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim drink ghost goo until they get the trait for death by overheating. Wait for the Moodlet to wear off. The Sim will be stuck as a ghost.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is stuck as a ghost and does not return to the land of the living. The Moodlet disappears so the Sim should return to normal.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to return to being normal like it does with all the other death types when using ghost goo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tested this on two different computers.  I tried having my Sim eat ambrosia but it didn't make him alive again.  The resurrect animation played but nothing happened.  The only way I was able to restore the Sim was to use the cheat:  traits.remove_trait Ghost_Overheat.

Message 4 of 13 (2,011 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Yomenao Wow, is THIS actually an issue? This has happened to me almost HALF the time I used the ghost goo. I never use the stuff because of that. It's actually rare that it works normally. A number of times Grim comes and slaps me. Most of the time, I just die and get stuck that way.

I thought that was just how it worked. Like normal potions that didn't fail creation will sometimes have the opposite effect. Like the food potion will sometimes cause you to drain food... Or is that a bug too?
Message 5 of 13 (1,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Psychotps No, the food serum causes you to lose hunger when it fails.  It gives you a negative Moodlet.  The ghost goo causes three Moodlets, playful if it works and a tense or embarrassed Moodlets if it doesn't.  The serum works because the Sim gets the playful Moodlet indicating the serum was successful but the Sim doesn't change back to its regular form after the 4 hours indicating it is a bug.  I have only seen it happening with the overheating death from the serum.

Message 6 of 13 (1,926 Views)

Ghosts stay ghosts

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, realm of magic, romantic garden, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a Sim a potion of immortality.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim stays a ghost after effect should wear off, and even when cheats are used or a wish at the well comes true.
What do you expect to see? Ghost Sim turns back into a normal Sim.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wanted to make a few Sims immortal, so I gave them all potions of immortality. At first, it was fine because the moodlet said the effect would wear off after 24 hours, but 3 days passed and they remained ghosts. I tried cheats, I tried dedeathify and necrocall, I even bought a well from the romantic garden stuff and had them wish for life. Even if the wish was granted and they recieved the message for being turned back, they still remained ghosts. The only things I haven't tried is ambrosia and the potion of prompt resurrection. I would very much prefer them not to be ghosts, and any tips or tricks would be appreciated. (I have tried the immortality on previous sims, both took the potion with no added effects)

Message 7 of 13 (1,970 Views)

Re: Ghosts stay ghosts

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yeetmepleas So the potion failed and you turned into a ghost ?

Do you know what kind of ghost the Sim is ? 

There's an issue with overheating death and ghost goo. Could also apply here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Stuck-As-A-Ghost-after-drinking-ghost-goo/td-p/833...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,962 Views)

Hero
@yeetmepleas Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,881 Views)

Hero
@yeetmepleas Going to merge this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,846 Views)