by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Strange streaks on the building when I used the terrain tools

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a room and lower the ground with the terrain tools.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the place where the ground is closer, the foundation has a dark streak, and where the ground is further the foundation is very bright.
What do you expect to see? I want there to be no dark streak when the terrain is diverse near the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bug appeared after adding terrain tools November 13, 2018.

Screenshots of the bug:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48113195196/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48113194771/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48113295847/in/dateposted-public/ 

Message 1 of 4 (1,043 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Strange streaks on the building when I used the terrain tool

Champion

@Kwarcdymny1 I have done some testing in my game. I am added screenshots. One is at a different time of day so the sun and shadow direction is far less dramatic (and dark) than in the second one (morning vs. afternoon sun for that particular lot). The lighting/shadow effects will vary according to the building, lot location and direction, and other factors.

The intensity of the dirt (and eventually just outright dirt not rocks) area when using the height adjustment tool will vary according to the softness setting, intensity, height, etc. Notice the area on the left of the bottom pic with a less severe adjustment to height - it has none of the 'dirt' area. The 'dirt only' (not rocks), is a deeper height adjustment area will be all 'dirt' and will also be very dark when fully in a shadow -more so in worlds with dark brown 'dirt'. If memory serves. the 'dirt' and 'rocks' level colors also vary somewhat for certain worlds (ie - red/orange in Strangerville). 

shadow 2.pngshadow-1.png

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (1,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Strange streaks on the building when I used the terrain tools

★ Guide

In my game, the glitch works the same on different lots. Will you @crinrict add this glitch to the list?

Message 3 of 4 (956 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Strange streaks on the building when I used the terrain tools

Hero
@Kwarcdymny1 Will add on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (929 Views)