Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Story Mode not retained if Sim isn't placed right after creating

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Catsand Dogs, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Tiny Living, Moschino, Spooky stuff, First Pet, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Backyard and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a new family. 2. Create a sim using story mode. 3. Ensure the created sim has a starting career and skills. 4. Save Family. 5. Do not move the family into a lot. 6. Enter Build mode of the lot you will be moving into and make changes (not sure if it's entering build mode or if it has to be the lot you will move the sim into). 7. Save changes and exit build mode. 8 Select your newly created family from Manage Households (not library). 9. Move the family into the edited lot. 10. Notice the Sim has no career or skills.
What happens when the bug occurs? The funds that were attributed are still available but the skills and career that were assigned during story mode creation are gone.
What do you expect to see? The sim created with story mode should have the funds, career and skills that were attributed in CAS when placed on the lot from manage households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried moving them in right away and there was no problem. With this method I was able to reproduce it 3/3 times. I tried 2 different ways before that and there were no issues.

Message 1 of 5 (1,307 Views)

Re: Story Mode CAS have no skills or career when placed after entering build mod

Hero
@amaya_animoto Looks like the behavior is similar as if you place them from the gallery/library: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Story-mode-sim-not-retained-when-downloading-through... as he store mode doesn't seem to be retained if you don't place them right away.

Guess always place them first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,269 Views)

Re: Story Mode CAS have no skills or career when placed after entering build mod

★★ Novice

From what I was reading from the linked issue, it is normal that funds are not saved when placing from the gallery. However, when placing from the gallery, skills and careers are saved after placing a sim. This sounds like a different issue to me, but I don't know if they are related with how they were programmed.

Message 3 of 5 (1,240 Views)

Hero
@amaya_animoto True, that's what Robo says. Haven't tested them lately, still seems easily avoidable.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,215 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Story Mode not retained if Sim isn't placed right after creati

★★★ Apprentice
@amaya_animoto I just had this too... this is so fustrating!!!
Message 5 of 5 (740 Views)