by stv_strm

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Stilt foundation not appearing under curved floors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build something with a curved floor and apply a stilt foundation to it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stilted foundations do not place normally under curved decks. They apply to part, or none of the deck with the curved portion.
What do you expect to see? Foundation stilts placing evenly below floors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The one with the stilted foundations

As described, the stilted foundations don't seem to be handling curved decks very well. I couldn't find a thread for this already, but I'm surely not the only one having this problem.

In the screenshot here, there is one row of foundation stilts underneath the deck, then it completely stops.Then there's one lonely stilt at the other side.

I've tried changing it back to solid foundation and re-applying either stilt foundation, but it doesn't do anything different.

Message 1 of 9 (1,994 Views)

Re: Stilt foundation not appearing under curved floors

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Seeing the same issue in my game. I have all of the packs and freebies installed, no mods or CC, and I'm running version 1.52.100.1020.  I also noticed that the rounded deck that appears when you use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat just floats in the air (screenshot) when you apply any of the pier foundations.

Edit: I noticed after posting this that the light appears to be shining through parts of the decks too (look at the shadows).

Message 2 of 9 (1,935 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh wow, I just noticed the weird shadow on my screenshots as well. It’s like there’s no shadow where the stilts aren’t placing. Just the outline of the foundation trim. Weeeeiiird. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,889 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have the same issue, the stilts are fine under curved deck over water, but not over land. I have all the packs, use no mods/cc and am on version PC 1.52.100.1020 .

Here's a screenshot of a curved deck on the land (it actually affects the house too which was fine before I added the curved deck):

Same house with a square deck, you can see the stilts are fine:

Here's a curved deck over the water (stilts work fine here too):

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 9 (1,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

EDIT: See this for the shadow: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Missing-floor-shadow-under-stilt-foundations/m-p/7...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Stilt foundations appear to be working on curved decks as expected after Update: 08/08/2019 - PC 1.54.120.1020 / Mac 1.54.120.1020

Can anyone else confirm?

Message 6 of 9 (1,688 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrictThe last patch seems to have fixed this issue for me. See my earlier post and screenshot.

Message 7 of 9 (1,623 Views)

Hero
@stv_strm I saw but I'll wait for more votes before closing, especially OP

Tagging @PansekshuElle and @MapleSimmer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,619 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I can confirm that on least one build the stilt foundation appears properly, though I think I may have noticed it before this latest update (I only had the one lot with the curved deck as I’ve been avoiding since I first noticed the issue 🙂). 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 9 of 9 (1,613 Views)