Re: Irremoveable flooring in ground level rooms if Stilt Foundation is on lot

by Elithian87

Original Post

★ Guide
@CGrant56 Oh yeah, even one tile of stilt foundation on the lot breaks the open basement. I hadn't tested inside a foundation but I'm not surprised that you get the same result, it seems to be being inside a "room" of any kind breaks it. Hmm...I wonder how it behaves with fences, half walls, and "rooms" that the game doesn't recognise as rooms (you know that trick people do to trick the tiny home lot tile counter where they pick up individual walls and place them so that they look like a room but the game still sees four different walls)
Message 11 of 15 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay, so I tested those scenarios I thought of yesterday.

1) Using the "Place Fence Enclosure" tool doesn't trigger the bug. Basement remained open both inside and outside the fence.

2) Using the "Place Half Wall Enclosure" tool does trigger the bug. Grass remained inside the the half wall square.

3) Creating a false "room" by drawing individual walls elsewhere and then picking them up one by one and placing them next to each other does not trigger the bug! We have a workaround! Still a massive nuisance, and the game not recognising it as a "room" probably creates other gameplay problems, but it at least looks the way it should!

Anyone want to test this and confirm my findings?

Message 12 of 15 (378 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, it's been nearly a week and nobody has provided evidence that my workaround doesn't work for them, so I'm gonna go ahead and tag @crinrict that we have a workaround! Still clearly a bug that needs to be fixed, but you can get around it by using trickery to place the walls.

Message 13 of 15 (354 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can see your issue with pictures and everything. I managed to make a video and upload it on youtube to show people. Here is my video to show you my problem!

Message 14 of 15 (316 Views)

★ Guide

Bumping because this is still a thing and it doesn't seem to be on the laundry list or anything similar.

Message 15 of 15 (260 Views)