Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] Stairs won't go under stairs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.54.120
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put a set of stairs leading from the basement to the first floor under the stairs leading from the first floor to the second floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? i get a message saying stairs cannot intersect foundation.
What do you expect to see? the stairs should be able to go under the other set of stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the patch before island living.

I've been having issues building houses since the patch for island living came out. I'm not sure what happened, but for some odd reason i can't put stairs under stairs anymore.

Message 1 of 3 (654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: stairs won't go under stairs

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @inudigifan201!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

We are currently looking into this and there are a few questions that you could maybe help us with:

• Do you see this happening for all types of stairs or only for a specific stair type (e.g. solid stairs, stairs using planks, etc.)?
  • Would you be able to share a short video clip with us that shows the issue happening in your game? A save file would help as well! Large smile
    Here's how you send those over to us!

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (617 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @inudigifan201!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

We are currently looking into this and there are a few questions that you could maybe help us with:

• Do you see this happening for all types of stairs or only for a specific stair type (e.g. solid stairs, stairs using planks, etc.)?
  • Would you be able to share a short video clip with us that shows the issue happening in your game? A save file would help as well! Large smile
    Here's how you send those over to us!

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 3 (618 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I tested all 24 of the in game stairs using all wall heights (upper and lower levels) and wasn't able to find any issues. 16 of those stairs did require me to use the hammer tool to delete the underside of the stairs before being able to place the upper stairs above the lower stairs (but that's how they have always worked for me). I often stack stairs in my builds, whenever I have gotten the message "stairs cannot intersect foundation" it's usually because my stairs are a bit too close to a wall for a Sim to route properly.  I have all of the packs installed, and am running the same version as the OP on a PC.  Just trying to be helpful here. Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (574 Views)