Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stairs make small walls around platforms be see through

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? build stairs that the back is on the edge of a platform then try to put a small wall to cover the foundation edge.
What happens when the bug occurs? the platform cant have walls that cover it as it makes it clear to see down into the void
What do you expect to see? a wall to cover the foundation so that I can paint it how I want
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the new platform patch

platforms and stairs don't like each other

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: stairs make small walls around platforms be see through

Hero

Fixed a rare issue where placing stairs at the edge of a platform would cause floating planks to appear above the stairs.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,185 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@janefemalegamer Same with fence. I am used to using a fence around the top of the stairs, and railings on the stairs themselves for "safety". But now, when I use stair railings, the first and sometimes second also section of fence nearest the top vanishes.
Message 2 of 8 (2,616 Views)

★ Guide

And roof walls next to a ladder

Message 3 of 8 (2,597 Views)

Hero

@janefemalegamer 

I was able to reproduce what you got.  But I was able to get rid of the void by redrawing a full wall on the back of the stairs at the original floor level across the void so there is a way to hide the void.

Hope this helps 

Message 4 of 8 (2,574 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 That may address the OP's problem but for the fences near stairs, redrawing the fence deletes the stairs.
Message 5 of 8 (2,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@IngeJones 

True.  But the issue with fences deleting the stairs did not happen when I was testing.  I could place stair railings and fence railings around the top of my stairs just fine on my test builds. I did not try a fence along the bottom of the stair.  I have seen a number of issues with fences though since the platforms got added so something is certainly going on with fences and platforms.

Message 6 of 8 (2,528 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeh but I dont want a full wall as it would have to go up part of the side and the balcony I wanted to make above would have a wall poking out weirdly. So will just leave my design idea until this is fixed as there are many issues with the platforms lol

Message 7 of 8 (2,491 Views)

Hero

Fixed a rare issue where placing stairs at the edge of a platform would cause floating planks to appear above the stairs.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,186 Views)