Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[NEEDS INPUT] Stairs get dark in enclosed rooms

by CiTob1899

Original Post

Re: Stairs Bug on iMac.

★★★★ Novice

BugLove888, thank you for testing this for us. This is so strange because when I first got The Sims 4 last October, the stairs were pure white. Have your had this experience for a long time?

Message 11 of 16 (130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bluebellflora, so this is happening to everyone for a long time? Don’t you think it’s a bit strange? If it’s supposed to be white it should be white indoors without turning dark. Also, how does The Sims team know about these bugs? Do they read the bug forum? Many thanks.

Message 12 of 16 (126 Views)

@CiTob1899

It doesn't bother me and I don't remember it being any different.

It's been forwarded Standard smile

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 13 of 16 (119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora thanks for informing that it is being forwarded. Sorry for “re-posting” something from 2015. I wasn’t trying to, I was just pointing something out to you. Don’t know why EA thought I was. Many thanks.

Message 14 of 16 (103 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stairs get dark in enclosed rooms

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@CiTob1899 I have reproduced your room and can confirm that I see the same behavior for this staircase in my game.

I also agree with @PugLove888 that this seems to be a issue - the stairs getting darker than they should - with all stairs. I'm not sure if this one is any more intense, but it does go from white to a medium to dark-medium gray at places, even with a light directly over the stairwell and huge windows lining the walls on both levels, afternoon light, no curtains, & plenty of lights in the rooms (see screenshots). This is far more lighting than any normal staircase would have, plus the stairs are white to start with. Without all of the extra lighting and windows on both levels mine looks like the screenshot @Bluebellflora added of what she sees in her game.

Perhaps this could be connected with the other issues currently of certain shadows being more intense lately?

I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, I own all packs, & run updates immediately.

Spoiler
stairway-light-1.jpgstairway-light-2.jpgstairway-light-3.jpg

Message 15 of 16 (70 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stairs get dark in enclosed rooms

★★★★ Novice
Hello @SheriGR, sorry for the late reply, thanks for testing this issue as well. Yes it appears that this issue has happened before in older posts concerning lighting and shadows. I am surprised it hasn’t been resolved yet. Hoping The Sims Team fixes this in a future patch. 🙂
Message 16 of 16 (44 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help