by chazzhay

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Stairs Connecting To Platforms Incorrectly

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs bar a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Building stairs up to a platform next perpendicular to a platform at a higher height will try and attach to the higher platform. Stairs can be placed there if they are placed a tile over, widened and then shortened again into position however this will be reverted if a wall placed next the stairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stairs attach to the higher platform making raising and lowering with the upper platform and even sticking with them if the room is moved. (see attached video) This makes it impossible to create a 1 tile wide section with this set up due to the reset happening when the wall is placed.
What do you expect to see? The stairs to only connect to the platform they that I specify and not attach the the higher platform.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://gfycat.com/shyannualairedaleterrier Here is a video of how this happens

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (928 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stairs Connecting To Platforms Incorrectly

Hero

@chazzhay 

I tested this and got exactly the same as you did.  It looks like the stairs can't decide which platform they are supposed to connect to.  I did spend some time trying various things to get the effect I think you were going for in your video.  The only thing I couldn't get to work was the half wall.  Kept getting the same as you did no matter what I tried until I separated the higher platform by a tile, place the stairs and half wall and then put the higher platform back.  Making any changes to the arrangement after that just caused it all to start all over again.  Definitely something off about how it works for sure.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (859 Views)