by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Spraying for bugs loops infinitely

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Version, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, Sims 4 Get to Work, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start any new save file, go to a community park (Ex: Magnolia Blossom, Desert Bloom), or turn a lot into one. Insert a plant you can garden, or plant one yourself, (Apple Tree, Snapdragon, Etc.) anywhere on the lot. Either wait for the plant to blossom and become infested with bugs, or cheat the plant's state to be grown and infested with insects. Proceed to perform the spray for bugs interaction on plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will proceed to perform the interaction in it's entirety, but after the action is complete, the plant will remain infested with bugs. Any autonomous action, or player input, to spray the plant for bugs again will result in the action being started and quitted within a second, then continually loop until manually stopped. The plant remains infested with bugs unless cheated out of the state, of which the spray for bugs interaction error is reset. Should the plant become infested again, the sequence repeats.
What do you expect to see? After the interaction completes, the plant is free of bugs, and the Sim does not get stuck in a continual loop, and can go about their day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug occurred for me a few patches back, before I went on a little hiatus. After getting back into the game, even now, the bug still occurs. I didn't have any other packs but the base game when I first encountered the bug. It also only occurs on community parks, I have yet to test it on any other kind of community lot. The interactions complete like normal on any residential lot, and I have removed all mods on my game and also performed a repair before I tested it again with the bug still prevalent only on community parks (again, not tested on any other community lot).

Message 1 of 15 (4,802 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Spraying for bugs loops infinitely on Community Parks

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (4,649 Views)

Spraying Plants Doesn't Finish

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Luxury Party and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Plant a bunch of plants 2. Wait for one to have bugs 3. Try to Spray or hire gardener
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim lags and doesn't finish spraying.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to spray the plant for about ten seconds and then be done.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Luxury Party and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Plant a bunch of plants 2. Wait for one to have bugs 3. Try to Spray or hire gardener
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim lags and doesn't finish spraying.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to spray the plant for about ten seconds and then be done.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌This happens with AI Sims as well (as in hired gardeners).

Message 3 of 15 (4,667 Views)

Re: Spraying Plants Doesn't Finish

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @stargazerbeyond 

does this happen on all lots for you ?

There's already this report for community lots only: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Spraying-for-bugs-loops-infinitely-on-Community/m-...

I will probably merge the posts anyways but would be good to have your feedback first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (4,655 Views)

Re: Spraying Plants Doesn't Finish

Hero

Hi @stargazerbeyond 

on which lots is this occurring for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (4,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It did this on all of the lots I have played.

I had the same problem except they never finish. I think after a while (or not) they just skip the plant. I have seen my Sim do this and when I check on them later, they are on another plant. I also play on PC and not MAC so I don't know if there are any gaming differeces.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 6 of 15 (4,631 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Merge the threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (4,619 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only Holiday Celebration Pack and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? First, have some bugs on some plants, then have the gardener or yourself spray them
What happens when the bug occurs? They keep repeatedly spraying for bugs, but nothing happens to the bugs
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sims' animation cycle to completely run its course until the bugs are off the plants
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No
Please describe the patch or change you made. N/A

Sometimes, spraying for bugs, has bugs in itself.  Had a trash plant on my lot in a planter next to the trash can and the gardener came to spray it for bugs in one save, but she just couldn't spray them off "due to a bug in the reticulated splines".  Even my Sim, who's mastered gardening herself can't spray them off!  I don't want my plants to get eaten!

Sometimes though, saving and restarting the game might have worked wonders, but there are far more crazier bugs besides this.

Message 8 of 15 (4,596 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sims water the same plants repeatedly

★★★★ Novice
I am having the same problem with spraying for bugs as well. This is the second file that this has started on, both times it happened is as the garden has gotten large, over 40 plants.
Message 9 of 15 (4,512 Views)

Re: Sims water the same plants repeatedly

Hero

Hi @MsSol65 

I moved your post over to the spraying bugs one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (4,323 Views)